Hamiti vs O'Toole

Pinnacle

6 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

You serious?

If a basketball team says they have trouble with size you don't tell the players to grow, you pack the paint with your biggest players and dish it inside. If O'Tools says he has a problem with reach, Hamiti should favor positions that take advantage of his length. Adjust stance and ties to make it harder to get at legs, gets arms out first from bottom, de-compactify body position when O'Toole forces scrambles, look for cradles, and so on. How you possibly concluded that Hamiti should grow his arms longer is beyond me.

De-compactify is my new favorite word.

11 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I couldn't take Hamiti serious at first becuase he's gangly and kind of a goof but then again I said the same thing about Nickal.

It's his hand movement that has me messed up. He comes out and moves like a JV kid who was taught stance and then a level change...but he's not sure what to do with his hands.

And then you shoot and he fakes one way, gets about 3/4ths of the way around and hops to the other side for a TD, or just uses that 11 foot wingspan to run through an ankle pick he has.

The B1Gs made me a believer. He's got a 10-15% chance to win this...or maybe make the finals. Much higher than I'd have thought 6 weeks ago.

LEVELS..  KOT is still a good deal better than Hamiti.  KOT was busy facing Carr who will make anyone not named RBY appear slow while Hamiti was facing slow footed Patrick Kennedy who though a tough kid is not in David Carr's galaxy from a speed or athletic prowess standpoint.  Don't get tricked by watching one guy lose to a monster while watching the other guy beat up a mouse.  KOT by 5-6 points all day every day.

Edited by Hokeye
spelling

4 hours ago, Hokeye said:

LEVELS..  KOT is still a good deal better than Hamiti.  KOT was busy facing Carr who will make anyone not named RBY appear slow while Hamiti was facing slow footed Patrick Kennedy who though a tough kid is not in David Carr's galaxy from a speed or athletic prowess standpoint.  Don't get tricked by watching one guy lose to a monster while watching the other guy beat up a mouse.  KOT by 5-6 points all day every day.

This would be accurate if Hamiti just beat Kennedy by 1 or in OT, but he dismantled him.  Not to mention you're over exaggerating of Kennedy's style.  With that being said, I still think KOT is my favorite to win it all again.  He'll make the adjustments against Carr.