Is Vito a sleeper at 133?

BaldAt23

5 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Definitely not ready for "or".  Bill and I are still working on the definition of "is". 

I'd love to see Vito beat both at NCAAs.  Actually now that I think about it, I'd settle for him beating Bravo-Young.  That would probably cover it.

Bernie, I thought you were a PSU guy?  Williamsport area?  What's going on?

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

Has anyone other than Vito beaten both RBY and Fix in either (folk or freestyle)?  Vito beat both RBY and Fix in one of (folk or freestyle).

You are really overthinking this.

That makes it worse (or less good).

Just now, flyingcement said:

My sister in law is from this area.  I like that part of the world but they have an odd mascot for the local high school: The Millionaires 

Seriously? That's an insane mascot for high school OR for any level.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

My sister in law is from this area.  I like that part of the world but they have an odd mascot for the local high school: The Millionaires 

heard that's what ya gotta be to live in LA on astroturf.  🙂

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Strange mascot name indeed.  Not a great long term strategy when factoring in the rate of inflation.  Going to bite them in the butt come year 2200. 

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Strange mascot name indeed.  Not a great long term strategy when factoring in the rate of inflation.  Going to bite them in the butt come year 2200. 

How long have they been The Millionaires?  I'd suggest they haven't been investing well.

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

How long have they been The Millionaires?  I'd suggest they haven't been investing well.

The name was adopted from their minor league team that oddly enough only lasted 4 years.  I guess from bad investing

The Williamsport Millionaires were a minor league baseball team based in Williamsport, Pennsylvania from 1906 to 1910. Many teams in this era never adopted formal nicknames and neither did the Millionaires. The Millionaire name was used by newspaper writers of the era in reference to the high salaries that the Williamsport owners were able to pay to the members of the team.[1  

15 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I thought using marginalized groups as your mascot was largely phased out over the past couple of decades.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Bernie, I thought you were a PSU guy?  Williamsport area?  What's going on?

I'm like horsecrap.  I've been all over.  Went to Cornell in the early 70s.  Post grad in Chicago.  Lived between Lock Haven and State College for a number of years in the 80s.  Went to matches at Thomas Fieldhouse and Rec Hall.  Currently split time between The Finger Lakes, NY and just north of Williamsport.  NC PA is a beautiful area.  I simply don't like Bravo-Young's back-up strategy vs any high level competition.

Actually, doesn't the "Millionaires" in all things Williamsport refer to the great wealth from logging 100+ years ago?  Fascinating history and topography in the entire area.   https://pawilds.com/asset/williamsport-millionaires-row/
So, where does Portajohn call home?

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

So, where does Portajohn call home?

Born & raised in somewhere Pennsylvania.  Have lived in other states out west.  Currently back in PA running a family business until my kids graduate high school then out to Durango Co.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, BerniePragle said:

NC PA is a beautiful area

Yes,  we have a camp up near Camptown USA Bradford County.  Its a beautiful drive from WIlliamsport.  When anyone is visiting State College and they happen to have an extra day I always recommend the drive up to Elk country Benezette through Quehanna Wild Area

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

36 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Yes,  we have a camp up near Camptown USA Bradford County.  Its a beautiful drive from WIlliamsport.  When anyone is visiting State College and they happen to have an extra day I always recommend the drive up to Elk country Benezette through Quehanna Wild Area

I drive through there every week..  Wykoff run..  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

Born & raised in somewhere Pennsylvania.  Have lived in other states out west.  Currently back in PA running a family business until my kids graduate high school then out to Durango Co.

But ... you are portajohn, you can work from anywhere.