Wrestle-offs

Idaho

14 hours ago, Idaho said:

I may have missed something, but I didnt' see Lamer registered. I am assuming he is going 149. 

Yeah, I didn't see him either, although pretty much all the rest of the underclassmen are going to be there.  

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Rogers, Walker, Finesilver, and Jenkins hit the mats.

During last night's Arizona State Intra-squad matches the only real "match", IMO, was the one between Ramos and Parco at 149 lbs.  Or at least the only real match that I saw.  I only watched the matches thru Negron's match as the last few matches didn't see to be of much interest.

I have to say I was impressed by Ramos.  I fully expected Parco to dominate in that match but I saw a very competitive and evenly balanced match between those two last night.

I have to wonder tho - was that match the one where the loser of that match (Ramos) would have to bump up to 157 lbs to replace Teemer?  If it was then I think Ramos is the right guy to go up to 157 lbs.   I watched the 157 lbs match between Wilner and Kilic and was not overly impressed by what I saw there.

So I'm thinking the ASU lineup will be:

125 - Courtney (backed up by Figueroa)

133 - McGee

141 - Vasquez

149 - Parco

157 - Ramos

165 - Negron

174 - Valencia

184 - Montalvo

197 - Norfleet

285 - Schultz

I suppose we will find out if that's correct one week from today when ASU takes on Rutgers.

10 hours ago, Sheerstress said:

Yeah, I didn't see him either, although pretty much all the rest of the underclassmen are going to be there.  

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Rogers, Walker, Finesilver, and Jenkins hit the mats.

He actually showed up later after the initial list came out. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

During last night's Arizona State Intra-squad matches the only real "match", IMO, was the one between Ramos and Parco at 149 lbs.  Or at least the only real match that I saw.  I only watched the matches thru Negron's match as the last few matches didn't see to be of much interest.

I have to say I was impressed by Ramos.  I fully expected Parco to dominate in that match but I saw a very competitive and evenly balanced match between those two last night.

I have to wonder tho - was that match the one where the loser of that match (Ramos) would have to bump up to 157 lbs to replace Teemer?  If it was then I think Ramos is the right guy to go up to 157 lbs.   I watched the 157 lbs match between Wilner and Kilic and was not overly impressed by what I saw there.

So I'm thinking the ASU lineup will be:

125 - Courtney (backed up by Figueroa)

133 - McGee

141 - Vasquez

149 - Parco

157 - Ramos

165 - Negron

174 - Valencia

184 - Montalvo

197 - Norfleet

285 - Schultz

I suppose we will find out if that's correct one week from today when ASU takes on Rutgers.

That's what I have been saying...Ramos to 157.  Neither opened up much but it was a competitive match.  Montalvo did not look that great to me. A couple weights are thin with depth but if everyone is healthy they will obviously put a good team on the mat. 

46 minutes ago, Idaho said:

That's what I have been saying...Ramos to 157.  Neither opened up much but it was a competitive match.  Montalvo did not look that great to me. A couple weights are thin with depth but if everyone is healthy they will obviously put a good team on the mat. 

But I would imagine that Ramos would have to beat out the guy(s) who are already at 157 lbs, i.e., vs. Wilner.  BTW Wilner is listed on the ASU roster at 165 lbs and he competed last season at 165 lbs as well.  Yet he competed last night at 157 lbs.  Maybe Wilner and Ramos wrestle-off and maybe Ramos stays at 149 lbs and is the backup to Parco.  Who knows?

46 minutes ago, Thumper said:

But I would imagine that Ramos would have to beat out the guy(s) who are already at 157 lbs, i.e., vs. Wilner.  BTW Wilner is listed on the ASU roster at 165 lbs and he competed last season at 165 lbs as well.  Yet he competed last night at 157 lbs.  Maybe Wilner and Ramos wrestle-off and maybe Ramos stays at 149 lbs and is the backup to Parco.  Who knows?

He will, but it won't come down to 1 wrestle-off.  I'm guessing that they will use a few different guys in duals and take more than one to tournaments to see how it all shakes out. 

1 minute ago, Sheerstress said:

McHenry edges Medley 5-4.  

As before, McHenry starts out strong with better moves, but Medley cuts the gap with his superior gas tank before falling short.

Ugh.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me