Mo and Coon...

LJB

6 hours ago, mspart said:

Yeah, sounds like it.   NFL is tough even for college football players to make it into, much less college wrestlers. 

mspart

Something that sounds good on paper and in small talk (Oh you're big, lineman, you know Stephen Neal) but in reality almost always leads to dead ends instead of the aspirational reassurances.

The whole NFL endeavor was always a long shot, that world silver and his size could only help so much in the turnover saturated lower rungs of football. A Greco return isn't smooth sailing on paper. Coon is a world silver. A world silver who couldn't qualify for the Olympics; not in an unlucky way. 

On 1/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, Cherkov said:

Something that sounds good on paper and in small talk (Oh you're big, lineman, you know Stephen Neal) but in reality almost always leads to dead ends instead of the aspirational reassurances.

The whole NFL endeavor was always a long shot, that world silver and his size could only help so much in the turnover saturated lower rungs of football. A Greco return isn't smooth sailing on paper. Coon is a world silver. A world silver who couldn't qualify for the Olympics; not in an unlucky way. 

But I heard he was going to be better than Neal!

On 1/18/2023 at 10:04 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

But I heard he was going to be better than Neal!

I suspected that with his physical attributes he wouldn't last long. Not that it really matters for football, but Coon was not as good at GR as Neal was in FS

Wishing him great success with GR now.   Neal didn't play much the first few years.   It was his determination and work ethic and improvement that kept him on the practice squad.   It did not come fast but with perserverance it did come and he became an offensive titan.  Not everyone can do that. 

mspart

5 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

I remember talking with him mat side not that long ago. I assumed he was still there.  

i get it brother...

i have reached the age that i didn't even know it was christmas until last week...

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

i get it brother...

i have reached the age that i didn't even know it was christmas until last week...

I've been out of the loop for the last few years especially with social media having taken over the news and information role in wrestling. I refused to go beyond wrestling forums and YouTube.  I just recently learned of this forum. I see not much had changed here, ban basketball is still an ass.

ban is a teddy bear...

there is a large number of people that might say the same about me and i am a sweetheart...

regardless...

there will be greco conversation here going forward...

it may just be me replying to myself...

but...

there will be greco talk...

• Fire 2

5 hours ago, LJB said:

ban is a teddy bear...

there is a large number of people that might say the same about me and i am a sweetheart...

regardless...

there will be greco conversation here going forward...

it may just be me replying to myself...

but...

there will be greco talk...

I'm  a Minnesota Guy, we love our Greco. I think we are looking at significant changes in the near future so my interest is piqued.