Morgan turner just got teched by a 15 year old from Japan

Truzzcat

I'm not sure how many of you guys are familiar with Morgan Turner but I believe she is 4-0 against Jaclyn Bouzakis who beat two 1 ranked collegiate wrestlers this year. She also took third at Illinois boys states at 106 when she may have weighed 95lbs and is the defending 43kg cadet world champ. All that to say I thought she was going to push for the 50kg spot for our woman's national team soon so this girl from Japan must be an absolute menace.

20 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I'm not sure how many of you guys are familiar with Morgan Turner but I believe she is 4-0 against Jaclyn Bouzakis who beat two 1 ranked collegiate wrestlers this year. She also took third at Illinois boys states at 106 when she may have weighed 95lbs and is the defending 43kg cadet world champ. All that to say I thought she was going to push for the 50kg spot for our woman's national team soon so this girl from Japan must be an absolute menace.

The Japanese teched all of her opponents other than Morgan in 28 to 45 seconds. Morgan scoring on her and lasting 1:52 made her the clear second best in the weight class. At the U17 level there could occasionally be some extreme dominance, but this is another level. No one at this tournament came close to that level of dominance. And at age 15? Yikes. Japan keeps rolling.

• Bob 1

So I actually wasn't paying close enough attention. India ran away with the Women's team title here. They're about to pick up their 5th gold and 8th total medal. 🤯 Does this mean something??

Japan is clearly 2nd. We end up 4th with only 6 ladies participating.

Our 6 end up with a gold, a bronze, and a 5th. The other 3 were all tough-luck losers to the bronze medalist in the gold medalist bracket-half (meaning they may have been the 3rd best overall in their weights, but they got bad draws). Taina Fernandez at 61kg/134lb got a tech and 3 falls for our gold medal. Killer.

Edited by maligned
  • Bob 1

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Aslikyan wins 2-1.  Dillard gets bronze. Sherlock loses bronze match. Mocco wins Gold in less than twenty seconds.

J. Bachmann PUR via PA gets silver.

Mocco scored 14 points in 18 seconds! Only 10 counted he did two more leg laces before the ref could catch up with him.

6 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

To be fair, Melvin needs a 'goto' TD...

he usually has a pick he goes to both near and far leg but I think between that kids size and him dropping down so often he just could not get it going. Definitely would have liked to see him put a few more attempts together rather than going one at a time. Hes kinda made a name for himself by chasing guys down late just did not work here.

• Bob 1