Utah Valley adds

Former Boise State wrestler Andrew Hochstrasser as an assistant wrestling coach.   Hochstrasser was a teammate of Utah Valley's head wrestling coach when they were both competing for Boise State and he was also a three-time NCAA qualifier and a two-time NCAA All-American (2nd in 2011 and 4th in 2009).

https://gouvu.com/sports/wrestling/roster/coaches/andrew-hochstrasser/2411

• Brain 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

Utah Valley gains a new head coach, a new assistant, and gains Terrell Barraclough, Will VomBaur, Tanner Frothinger, and Mahkyi Smith through the portal.  Only Graduate transfer Evan Bockman as a departee.  

Will they equal the success of Little Rock in a few years?

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Utah Valley gains a new head coach, a new assistant, and gains Terrell Barraclough, Will VomBaur, Tanner Frothinger, and Mahkyi Smith through the portal.  Only Graduate transfer Evan Bockman as a departee.  

They lost  2x state champ Nakoa Fouret (brother of Kekana at Oregon State) who is now at Clackamas. THey also gained Jake Castagneto who I believe was originally committed to NDSU, Hudson Rogers who was originally an Oregon State commit,  Talen Eck who I believe was also committed elsewhere and NJCAA runner up Bridger Ricks from Western Wyoming. Hall has done a good job in a short time of getting a few guys into the room. The next recruiting cycle should be a good one for him. There is some good talent coming up in Utah.

• Bob 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Boise St had an amazing program at times. They had so many unseeded guys AA, in the 2000-2010 range they had some really tough a5letes. Greg Randall was a great coach and recruiter.

no doubt and don't forget about 1999 as well, Kirk White champ and Larry Quisel with his insane run through the backside to get 3rd. 

15 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Boise St had an amazing program at times. They had so many unseeded guys AA, in the 2000-2010 range they had some really tough a5letes. Greg Randall was a great coach and recruiter.

Yep - sad story of how all that went down....and for a baseball program that never got off the ground.   Owens is often given a lot of credit of their success as well. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Now these are some interesting spellings

wife Teighlor, and their three kids, Finnley, Maylee, and Riggs

It is a Mormon thing.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

21 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Barraclough is clearly the biggest addition to the Utah Valley team but unless I'm mistaken he has only one year of eligibility remaining, i.e., the 2025 season.   By my count the upcoming season will be his 6th year of NCAA wrestling.

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

Barraclough is clearly the biggest addition to the Utah Valley team but unless I'm mistaken he has only one year of eligibility remaining, i.e., the 2025 season.   By my count the upcoming season will be his 6th year of NCAA wrestling.

I believe so, what are expectations for him this coming year?

seems Utah Valley is making a statement this off-season though!