how many 4x champs from this current crop of high school recruits

I might be in the minority here but I have this hunch that the era of 4xers is going to take a pause for awhile.  Not because the guys who OP listed aren't talented enough to do it but because the depth of talent in college wrestling is increasing every year.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Hutton remains the only freshman UNL/275/285 to win a championship. It is noteworthy that it happened in the short window post WW2 where freshman were eligible and he did it as a 23 year old freshman. Though I am sure many of the guys he wrestled were of similar age.

Only three others have made the final. John Witte for Oregon State in 1952 (and never wrestled again, moving on to football), Tommy Rowlands for Ohio State in 2001, and Steve Mocco for Iowa in 2002.

Tommy Rowlands is a guy I think people overlook a little. Very good, very accomplished. 

• Bob 1

Don't think any of them will do it.

Some years back the bet would have been Joe Heskett at Iowa State if one asked. He had won in HS over Cael Sanderson at the time.

We know how that one ended. Both excellent, one a 4 timer and 159-0 and both class guys.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.