How long will Cael coach?

WrestlingRash

Cael just turned 45. Gable retired at 48. I wonder if Cunningham is staying at PSU despite offers to be a head coach because he knows that Cael is on the backend of his career. What else does he have to prove? I have to think he's got enough cash stacked up to enjoy the next 50 years of his life and to set his progeny up pretty nicely. When will he call it quits?

If Penn State  wants to fill Cael's shoes after retirement, they are going to choose the most accomplished wrestler, with the most pedigree and ability to recruit athletes.  This person could still be in college or competing for an Olympic medal this summer. Cael's calm demeanor and dignified approached may never be matched.  I think when he retires, the playing field will be leveled a bit.  

3 hours ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

If Penn State  wants to fill Cael's shoes after retirement, they are going to choose the most accomplished wrestler, with the most pedigree and ability to recruit athletes.  This person could still be in college or competing for an Olympic medal this summer. Cael's calm demeanor and dignified approached may never be matched.  I think when he retires, the playing field will be leveled a bit.  

Spencer Lee. He’s gonna win Oly gold this summer.  Maybe another in 2028. Pa born and bred. Will be able to attract elite recruits. Perfect fit.