United States Is Going Off The Deep End To The Right

1 minute ago, red viking said:

Obviously there are exceptions but what I said is basically true. They stash almost all of it away; at least the portion they don't spend on themselves and their maids. 

It’s called compounding.  You might want to look it up and then take advantage of it. It’s what smart people do. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

We have plenty of money. Stop wasting it would be much more effective.  

That's like a very old record skipping repeatedly. If we just "cut the fat" then the existing money will be plenty. OMG if I had a nickel for every time I heard that ridiculous statement I'd be a billionaire by now. 

3 minutes ago, red viking said:

Obviously there are exceptions but what I said is basically true. They stash almost all of it away; at least the portion they don't spend on themselves and their maids. 

So you’re not interested in taking 30 minutes to learn a little more about it, it’s safer and more comfortable to just say….‘basically I’m right’. I didn’t ask if it was exception or majority  I specifically asked if you were interested in taking 30 minutes to educate yourself a little more.   

“Spend on themselves and their maids”. 😂. No need to get emotional. It’s a discussion. I think we’ve seen all we need to see here. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta

Just now, red viking said:

That's like a very old record skipping repeatedly. If we just "cut the fat" then the existing money will be plenty. OMG if I had a nickel for every time I heard that ridiculous statement I'd be a billionaire by now. 

Meanwhile, the vast majority of our waste is through our fat & bloated military but the hypocritical wingers never complain about that. 

It’s a fact.  Nothing is free even though you comrade sheeples believe it is. 

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

So you’re not interested in taking 30 minutes to learn a little more about it, it’s safer and more comfortable to just say….‘basically I’m right’. I didn’t ask if it was exception or majority  I specifically asked if you were interested in taking 30 minutes to educate yourself a little more.   

I think we’ve seen all we need to see here. 

I don't think there' much you can educate me on since you'll mostly repeat what you heard on Fox News but go ahead if you want. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

It’s a fact.  Nothing is free even though you comrade sheeples believe it is. 

There's some waste that goes on at EVERY level of government and also the private sector. Nobody is immune to it but, yes, the military waste is over the top so I agree that has to be reigned in severely. I'd actually take all the waste our of military paychecks. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

It’s called compounding.  You might want to look it up and then take advantage of it. It’s what smart people do. 

Yes; I know the rich do it and avoid paying their taxes too. They are generally smart (and more so can hire smart tax accountants & attorneys) and will take advantage of every opportunity given to them, just like a pitbull on the pant leg of opportunity 

There's some waste that goes on at EVERY level of government and also the private sector. Nobody is immune to it but, yes, the military waste is over the top so I agree that has to be reigned in severely. I'd actually take all the waste our of military paychecks. 

You shouldn’t spend what you don’t have. Our government (and many individuals) doesn’t get this. 

Yes; I know the rich do it and avoid paying their taxes too. They are generally smart (and more so can hire smart tax accountants & attorneys) and will take advantage of every opportunity given to them, just like a pitbull on the pant leg of opportunity 

I do it  on my own. It’s very simple.  Google is your friend 

Edited by JimmyBT

If I had a multi-million dollar salary, I'd stash all of it away too. I actually do stash away what I can since I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to do that. 

However, I don't live in a bubble and realize that not everybody has that luxury. 

2 minutes ago, red viking said:

I don't think there' much you can educate me on since you'll mostly repeat what you heard on Fox News but go ahead if you want. 

😂 you disagree with me so pull out the “Fox News” stuff, so that you don’t have to address the fact you don’t want to learn more about where you’re wrong.  Another one of those emotional ticks.

Obviously there’s a lot more you need educated on.  Most of people on here will tell you I’m not exactly the “Fox News” crowd.  

Another thing they will tell you is I’m not interested in having a stranger believe something they heard from another stranger on social media, I’m more interested in getting people to take some time and effort to seek out accurate information themselves.  But I do realize it’s safer and more comfortable to just say ”No I know I’m right”, so that you don’t have to put yourself through that. 

• Bob 1

Go ahead and tell me something I don't know then. Most likely, it will be an another recycled propaganda talking pt from Fox News or CATO institute so I won't hold my breath. 

If you are talking to me, try some reading comprehension first and then maybe we can continue.  I’m going to help you out with the first couple steps:

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Obviously there’s a lot more you need educated on.  Most of people on here will tell you I’m not exactly the “Fox News” crowd.  

There’s your first clue.  Here’s your second: 

3 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Another thing they will tell you is I’m not interested in having a stranger believe something they heard from another stranger on social media, I’m more interested in getting people to take some time and effort to seek out accurate information themselves. 

Would you like to try again? 

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

If you are talking to me, try some reading comprehension first and then maybe we can continue.  I’m going to help you out with the first couple steps:

There’s your first clue.  Here’s your second: 

Would you like to try again? 

As I said, please go ahead and tell me something I don't know. 2nd request. 

2 minutes ago, red viking said:

As I said, please go ahead and tell me something I don't know. 2nd request. 

😂😂. I’m not playing that stupid little game. I’ll just say this: 

No.         I do not go about hoping some stranger just believes another stranger on social media.  To be informed means to do the work.  

I think we’re pretty clear here. You know it and I know it. 

• Bob 1

43 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

You have a tendency to group a large number of people into one characteristic. Would it interest you to take thirty minutes to research the amount of charitable donations that are provided by ‘the rich’ each year?  Or how about the amount ‘the rich’ reinvest into other ventures each year, ventures that create more jobs, goods, and services.  Serious question, are you at all interested in educating yourself in those areas? 

Go ahead and provide the stats then. I've re-posted your question here. Onus isn't on me to research something that you seem to want to make a point on, but void of any factual information. 

He keeps telling me that I need to be educated but won't actually tell me any facts to refute what I've said. 

Typical of the right...make accusations but can't back them up. 

What I did was…..led you onto facts that you could make the effort to look up for yourself and be more informed, if you so choose (freedom of information and all). What you are doing is saying no, you refuse to, you expect me to do the work to acquire that information (which I already have before forming opinions on the topic), and then hand it over to you.

I will simply ask you what that is typical of….as I am not one to make assumptions about others affiliations simply because they disagree with me on one particular statement I made. 

Go ahead and provide the stats then. I've re-posted your question here. Onus isn't on me to research something that you seem to want to make a point on, but void of any factual information. 

You started it...YOU provide the research and factual information to back up your claims.

• Bob 1

Thank you. My very precise, specific question was: “are you at all interested in taking 30 minutes to research how much the rich provide in charitable donations each year, or how much they reinvest into further ventures each year? 

Since you brought up that this was the original question, and all this time and posts later you still haven’t answered, do you care to now??   I mean in reality, it’s just a yes or no question.  We could have saved a lot of time. 

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

What I did was…..led you onto facts that you could make the effort to look up for yourself and be more informed, if you so choose (freedom of information and all). What you are doing is saying no, you refuse to, you expect me to do the work to acquire that information (which I already have before forming opinions on the topic), and then hand it over to you.

I will simply ask you what that is typical of….as I am not one to make assumptions about others affiliations simply because they disagree with me on one particular statement I made. 

You asked me to take 30m to research a particular question that you seem to be seeking hard data for. If you want the hard data, go ahead and find it yourself. The problem is that there are a lot of ways to look at that data, since you weren't very specific. Therefore, this could end up being a huge rabbit hole and I don't have time for that. 

I do know for a FACT that the rich do NOT provide enough in taxes or charitable donations to help the poor and it isn't even remotely close to what they stash away or "invest." I can guarantee that whatever you find won't refute that. I've also seen enough data myself that proves that. 

Maybe YOU are the one that needs to be educated. Go look up what you asked about and get back to me.