Aaron Brooks

We are getting ahead of ourselves.  The transitive effect does not always carry in wrestling.  Brooks might have solved Taylor only to get picked off in the Olympics.  Hopefully that isn't the case. 

33 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Huh? Who ever mentioned JB helping Yazdani, besides you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like 2 or 3 people.   Re read.    I didn’t suggest jb would help the Iranian.  Let me clarify as you may not see the sarcasm….

i made a joke.  That after the psu faithful pissed on jb’s grave (now that’s new sarcasm) why would he help brooks?  I don’t think he would.   For two reasons.   Psu fans treated him like trash….. and the psu faithful are too arrogant to ask.  

• Poopy 1

3 hours ago, neutral said:

We are getting ahead of ourselves.  The transitive effect does not always carry in wrestling.  Brooks might have solved Taylor only to get picked off in the Olympics.  Hopefully that isn't the case. 

I personally think Aaron has a great shot at Gold in Paris this August regardless if Yazdani is in the field or not.  However the last time a guy coming out of college knocked off a defending World and Olympic champ (Les Gutches over KJ) he failed to place at the 96 Olympics.  The following year he won World Gold but a lot will depend on AB's mindset.  I do believe he will be the best wrestler there so I am hoping he gets it done.

4 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

I favor a healthy Yaz against Brooks, though I’m not sure we’ll see him in the Olympics. 

Brooks is an incredible wrestler, but frankly that was the worst DT we’ve seen in nearly a decade. 

This. When a guy starts talking about retirement, his mindset has changed. That doesn't mean a win over DT isn't noteworthy, but Taylor has been talking about farming a lot. 

I hope Brooks wins gold. He's certainly going to be in the mix. He has international success/experience and is a great wrestler. 

I'm thinking DT goes for one more world team spot and then leaves his shoes regardless of the outcome. 

• Bob 1

8 hours ago, jross said:

No, he is the first Brooks.

It looked like his strength and technique were more than Taylor could handle. Taylor was in a good position but could not finish.  

Nope.

• Haha 1

I think at this point and time ghasempour could potentially be better than Yaz. Yaz beat him in 2019 6-3 and in 2020 5-2 for the world and olympic team but Ghasempour was 22 and 23 at the time and Yaz was probably in his prime. I would assume Ghasempour is in his prime now and Yaz may be out of if similarly to Taylor seemingly. Either way Aaron is my pick but I think a healthy Yazdani may be the ever so slightly easier matchup.

16 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I personally think Aaron has a great shot at Gold in Paris this August regardless if Yazdani is in the field or not.  However the last time a guy coming out of college knocked off a defending World and Olympic champ (Les Gutches over KJ) he failed to place at the 96 Olympics.  The following year he won World Gold but a lot will depend on AB's mindset.  I do believe he will be the best wrestler there so I am hoping he gets it done.

I agree, I think AB has a good chance to medal.  Besides this is not '96, our wrestlers are better prepared for freestyle and the rules are more conducive to success now.