Redshirts

Hot take. I think osu should redshirt Plott and hamiti. Otoole and keckisen are seniors. They could be champs without those two at their respective weights. Obviously only if they want to redshirt. Here is my question tho, if they were to do that would they be able to take down Penn state and win a title. Also would it be better too be top 5 in back to back years or add another team national title. Here is what I think the osu lineup could be in 2026.

125 Spratley 

133 Sakumoto

141 Hughes

149 Jamison 

157 Williams

165 Lockett

174 Hamiti

184 Plott 

197 Carroll

285 Merrill

25 minutes ago, Ok_cowboys55 said:

Hot take. I think osu should redshirt Plott and hamiti. Otoole and keckisen are seniors. They could be champs without those two at their respective weights. Obviously only if they want to redshirt. Here is my question tho, if they were to do that would they be able to take down Penn state and win a title. Also would it be better too be top 5 in back to back years or add another team national title. Here is what I think the osu lineup could be in 2026.

125 Spratley 

133 Sakumoto

141 Hughes

149 Jamison 

157 Williams

165 Lockett

174 Hamiti

184 Plott 

197 Carroll

285 Merrill

That's a good lineup....but I still don't see them taking down PSU.. they will still be loaded and have guys in the pipeline that will develop as everyone else has. From an individual standpoint, I think it would be good to have them redshirt as the weights clear out a little bit. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

125 Spratley 
133 Sakumoto
141 Hughes
149 Jamison 
157 Williams
165 Lockett
174 Hamiti
184 Plott 
197 Carroll
285 Merrill

That lineup might get blanked by PSU in two years.

Lilledahl/Davis/Desmond
Lilledahl/Davis/Desmond/Nagao
Kasak
SVN
Mesenbrink/Sealey
Haines/Sealey
Facundo/Ryder/Haines
Barr
Mirasola
Mirasola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That lineup might get blanked by PSU in two years.

Lilledahl/Davis/Desmond
Lilledahl/Davis/Desmond/Nagao
Kasak
SVN
Mesenbrink/Sealey
Haines/Sealey
Facundo/Ryder/Haines
Barr
Mirasola
Mirasola

I’m taking OSU at 184 through HWT there, at minimum. Probably 174 too.

Lockett vs Sealey would be a battle as well.

Just now, poorwrestler said:

Merrill has beaten both Mirasola brothers I believe and I would expect him to continue to do so.

• Fire 1

Mirasola is going to be training with Cael Sanderson, David Taylor, Jake Varner, Kyle Snyder and Aaron Brooks.

I’d put a lot of money on him winning that match at 197.

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, Ok_cowboys55 said:

125 Spratley 

133 Sakumoto

141 Hughes

149 Jamison 

157 Williams

165 Lockett

174 Hamiti

184 Plott 

197 Carroll

285 Merrill

This is a very interesting idea, if they are planning on sending Hamiti 174 he definitely should consider the Redshirt year, filling into that weight class more completely would be very good for him.  Maybe his weight cut has been too much the past couple years.  That stuff can really add up mentally over time.  

Mirasola is going to be training with Cael Sanderson, David Taylor, Jake Varner, Kyle Snyder and Aaron Brooks.

Are there any matches that you would not put money on a PSU recruit winning in the next 1-5 years? I know their room is elite. Okie states is pretty good as well.

• Wrestle 1

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Mesenbrink was training with the Cal Baptist boys can joined a room where he instantly dominated Levi Haines - who had been rolling with Penn State boys for years.  I would be cautious of putting too much stock in something like that.

Mesenbrink was training with the Cal Baptist boys can joined a room where he instantly dominated Levi Haines - who had been rolling with Penn State boys for years.  I would be cautious of putting too much stock in something like that.

Dominated, eh?

Not what I’ve heard.

you know I'm partially messing with you @Le duke, but its only because your bias is so strong 🙂

its fun to be a diehard fan.  many of my best friends are homers of one sports team or another.  for me, I am a homer, but its harder to tell, because it's not for a team, its for guys who wrestle a certain style or come from a certain area.