Way too early 2025 national champs

I know MM is smaller for 165 and Ben had said he sort of hoped he'd go 157, my only concern is will cutting weight hamper that pace that he weaponizes so effectively. Perhaps the cut is insignificant and he'll just be better but I have to assume if Levi was cutting weight so hard and Mitchell could have made 157 they would have just done it this year if nothing else so that Mitchell did not have to potentially wrestle a former teammate and friend. I know thats likely insignificant in the grand scheme of things and if there is no other option, but it seemed like that could have been very easily done at least to start this year.

On 4/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, scorenomore said:

Good picks but do you have any good reason for MM and Haines swapping weights?  Same with PK bumping up to 197?

Been rumored for a long time that Haines has had a tough cut to 157 this year and MM is a natural 157. Lots of folks around the program now have confirmed they will swap next year.

Keckeisen bumping up is more of projection, big 184 who probably has senior level aspirations and might deem his better future for senior level freestyle at the higher weight. Rumors were he struggled with the cut this year at times, but his wrestling certainly didn't show that. For my predictions I went with it, but if he stays 184 he is the HEAVY favorite and 197 is a free for all similar to 125 this year I think. 

• Brain 1