Congrats to 2024 team champs Penn State!

peanut

• peanut changed the title to Congrats to 2024 team champs Penn State!
5 minutes ago, lisa morales said:

Guessing if you get the top 3 high schoolers at every weight class your odds of winning an NCAA title are decent.

I am assuming this is hyperbole, but real question: A what weights are the top three in the PSU room nearly equivalent to the top three at the NCAA tournament?

19 minutes ago, lisa morales said:

Guessing if you get the top 3 high schoolers at every weight class your odds of winning an NCAA title are decent.

Not sure exactly what you’re trying to do with this statement. First it’s not true and uhhh yes…recruiting is important in college athletics?

• Bob 1

Don't the Hawkeyes get excellent recruits and AA transfers? Amazing they have 1 guy in the finals, I thought Real Woods would win at least 1 title, he seemed to plateau. Ditto for other transfers, disappointing for sure. Seems like a trend.

16 minutes ago, Maxwell Smart said:

Don't the Hawkeyes get excellent recruits and AA transfers? Amazing they have 1 guy in the finals, I thought Real Woods would win at least 1 title, he seemed to plateau. Ditto for other transfers, disappointing for sure. Seems like a trend.

It’s fairly obvious the Iowa guys aren’t improving greatly in the room. Many regress it seems, but is it any wonder? One of the assistants was known as MorningSTALL and the other was a heavyweight with a limited offense. And people wonder why they can’t keep up?

1 hour ago, lisa morales said:

Not sure who your school is, but talent is aggregating across the board these days in both recruiting and the transfer portal. Gone are the days where there are enough numbers of all Americans at small schools as in the old days. It is not just talent that separates Penn State, it is obviously more than that. 

Penn State’s going to lose the team race when Aaron Brooks walks out carrying a 400 pound crucifix on his back, gets DQ’d, doesn’t feel like he honored the lord properly, and has Kerkvliet flog him in the center of the mat as penance. They start docking team points for every crack of the whip. Even in his weakened state, security can’t get a takedown to remove him. He’ll still be digging holy underhooks with bloody arms and sprawling with those heavy hips of his, hidden under his Christlike loin cloth (loses another team point for “straps down” on the mat on account of loin cloths not having straps…cheesy call by Angel Rivera). 

Final team score for Penn State: -32

Iowa still doesn’t get a trophy. 

• Haha 1
  • Clown 1

1 hour ago, Packard said:

It’s fairly obvious the Iowa guys aren’t improving greatly in the room. Many regress it seems, but is it any wonder? One of the assistants was known as MorningSTALL and the other was a heavyweight with a limited offense. And people wonder why they can’t keep up?

I feel as Ayala is improving but I also feel like it's Lee doing that and not the Brands'.  Most if their transfers are as good as they were last year but aren't better and Woods is definitely not a as good as he was.

17 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Penn State’s going to lose the team race when Aaron Brooks walks out carrying a 400 pound crucifix on his back, gets DQ’d, doesn’t feel like he honored the lord properly, and has Kerkvliet flog him in the center of the mat as penance. They start docking team points for every crack of the whip. Even in his weakened state, security can’t get a takedown to remove him. He’ll still be digging holy underhooks with bloody arms and sprawling with those heavy hips of his, hidden under his Christlike loin cloth (loses another team point for “straps down” on the mat on account of loin cloths not having straps…cheesy call by Angel Rivera). 

Final team score for Penn State: -32

Iowa still doesn’t get a trophy. 

Juan, you need to step up because this deserves it's own thread.  @ionelit seems youre the only man to get him to start dropping threads

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted