Holy Hofstra

currently in last place ( 17th/ 1 point ) after 1st round of EIWA Tournament ...Only win was from Minnesota Sr. transfer Kluever at 285

Program has turned into a disaster...I think it's time to give the Program a pulse again and look for a new leader..The right guy/staff can win there 

Edited by feet2back
  • Stalling 1

lee-corso.gif

Well, okay... BUT as of now, they STILL have 9 wrestlers still alive.

Besides Kluever @ 285, there's 8 wrestlers still alive in the consolation round.

Now Sacred Heart, they may have one MORE point than Hofstra... but they only have three wrestlers left in the consis.

(The rest went 2 and BBQ.)

So who's in better position to still be scoring more.

(Just sayin'... )

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

3 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

lee-corso.gif

Well, okay... BUT as of now, they STILL have 9 wrestlers still alive.

Besides Kluever @ 285, there's 8 wrestlers still alive in the consolation round.

Now Sacred Heart, they may have one MORE point than Hofstra... but they only have three wrestlers left in the consis.

(The rest went 2 and BBQ.)

So who's in better position to still be scoring more.

(Just sayin'... )

D3

So you're saying that depending on how you look at it they might be better than Sacred Heart.  

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, boconnell said:

So you're saying that depending on how you look at it they might be better than Sacred Heart.  

Wellllll... at least they'll not be LAST last, m'kay?

(How about THAT, sport fans? )😏

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952p2gcpqrt1tl9c6pf4yg

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Fire 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Seriously, comparing what Hofstra USED to be (back in Tom Ryan's term as coach)... yeah it's a big drop.

But as you said... depends how you look at it. The tournament still going on and Hofstra still has a chance to get out of the basement.😉

D3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Duke

Hofstra is a scholarship Program...last I heard they were fully funded or very close...Duke and a couple teams in EIWA give out nothing or scraps..They won't finish last but not sniffing top 10 in EIWA should be an issue in Long Island

Edited by feet2back

Just now, feet2back said:

Hofstra is a scholarship Program...last I heard they were fully funded or very close,,,Duke and a couple teams in EIWA give out nothing or scraps..They won't finish last but not sniffing top 10 in EIWA should be an issue in Long Island

Still 

Hofstra has been absolutely awful for a very long time, as a Long Islander it's painful to see (especially remembering the Tom Ryan days).  I actually have Rutgers season tickets (not an alumni) and me and my buddy drive the 2 hours to their matches since Hofstra and LIU are so bad.  Dennis P seems like a GREAT guy but he is long overdue to be fired, which I hate to say because he is an alumni and seems like such a good dude, but the program is embarrassing.   

What about Lou Roselli? He is a New Yorker (not from Long Island). Maybe he could rebuild the program. He bad mouthed the HS Wrestling in Oklahoma and wasn't able to attract the top Okies. Maybe he could turn it on at Hofstra.

18 hours ago, feet2back said:

currently in last place ( 17th/ 1 point ) after 1st round of EIWA Tournament ...Only win was from Minnesota Sr. transfer Kluever at 285

Program has turned into a disaster...I think it's time to give the Program a pulse again and look for a new leader..The right guy/staff can win there 

I hear Mark Cody is looking for a new gig. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TexRef said:

What about Lou Roselli? He is a New Yorker (not from Long Island). Maybe he could rebuild the program. He bad mouthed the HS Wrestling in Oklahoma and wasn't able to attract the top Okies. Maybe he could turn it on at Hofstra.

He's terrible. I was stoked over OU hiring Lou, but he was a terrible coach. I never heard of Lou badmouthing Okie HS wrestling, but I noticed that none of his wrestlers ever got better. What good is a wrestling coach if he can't make his wrestlers better? Look at how the guys who transferred out of OU are improving at their new schools (Mantanona, Moore). 

13 minutes ago, TexRef said:

You never know, you might get Bono over there to rebuild the program! 🤣

I'd rather have Bono than Lou Roselli. At least Bono has name recognition and snagged some elite wrestlers. I don't think Lou ever got anybody in the top 100 recruiting rankings at OU. 

• Bob 1

Just now, TexRef said:

He sold OU some real snake oil! I hope Hofstra wouldn't fall for that. 

I was one of those guys he fooled. I saw what he did at Columbia and thought "if he could do that THERE imagine what he could do with OU's resources". Man, what a disappointment that was. The best OU did under him was 9th at NCAAs, but that was still miles ahead of the D2 type program they have there now. 

1 minute ago, NM1965 said:

He's terrible. I was stoked over OU hiring Lou, but he was a terrible coach. I never heard of Lou badmouthing Okie HS wrestling, but I noticed that none of his wrestlers ever got better. What good is a wrestling coach if he can't make his wrestlers better? Look at how the guys who transferred out of OU are improving at their new schools (Mantanona, Moore). 

He didn't bring his son to an OK HS.  He was worried about the partners in OK. He knew that he had some hammers for his son to roll with back in Ohio. 

Just now, TexRef said:

He didn't bring his son to an OK HS.  He was worried about the partners in OK. He knew that he had some hammers for his son to roll with back in Ohio. 

Wow, that's pretty shitty.  I bet there are some solid kids in the OKC metro area that could roll with his kid. Tuttle is only 26 miles away, and produced Dustin Plott, among others. How did Roselli's kid do, anyway? Is he wrestling D1 now like a lot of kids from Tuttle? 

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I can't remember the kids name, but he did great under Lou for a couple of seasons then couldn't get back down to 141 and then transferred to Cal Poly SLO. I don't know how that worked out for him. 

1 minute ago, NM1965 said:

Wow, that's pretty shitty.  I bet there are some solid kids in the OKC metro area that could roll with his kid. Tuttle is only 26 miles away, and produced Dustin Plott, among others. How did Roselli's kid do, anyway? Is he wrestling D1 now like a lot of kids from Tuttle? 

I think that was when Surber was winding down and about to get out of coaching, I could have my time lines  wrong. 

Oh there are some solid kids all over that state. As you well know, Tuttle is super solid and has been for DECADES. There are several other areas of that state that just keep churning out some "tough as nails" kids. 

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, NM1965 said:

I was one of those guys he fooled. I saw what he did at Columbia and thought "if he could do that THERE imagine what he could do with OU's resources". Man, what a disappointment that was. The best OU did under him was 9th at NCAAs, but that was still miles ahead of the D2 type program they have there now. 

He freaking did fool you.  Big time.  Guy has skills.  Who else did he convince that he did an amazing job at Columbia?  Maybe just you.

🙂 haha.  You’ll figure it out.  Playing with you.

Edited by Dark Energy