PAC 12 screws the PAC 12 wrestling fans once again

Thumper

As recently as yesterday the Stanford wrestling schedule and my Sling TV schedule for the PAC 12 Bay Area channel showed the Oregon State @ Stanford match - scheduled for 3 p.m. MT tomorrow (Sunday 2-18-24) - would be televised on that channel.  Just like they said the Cal Poly @ Stanford match would be televised last week.   NOW - as of this morning that match has been removed from the schedule on Sling TV - and a check of the school's schedule is saying now it will be on the PAC 12-Live and you can only watch it if you happen to get your internet service from one of their handful of listed providers.   A PAC 12 basketball game is now in that time slot on the PAC 12 Bay Area channel.

Last week the PAC 12 only televised HALF of the Cal Poly @ Stanford wrestling match (total tv time was 1 hour 2 minutes.).  This week - unless you happen to have their version of the "right" internet provider you will not be able to watch the Oregon State @ Stanford.  I literally could not be less surprised by this.

They still have the Stanford @ Arizona State match on the Sling TV schedule for 1 p.m. today - but I won't hold my breath waiting for it to be available.  With the PAC 12 in charge who knows what might happen at the last second if it involves a wrestling match?

• Fire 2

This has happened several times where prior to the match you need a subscription, then it changes last minute and it ends up being free to watch through the pac 12 website.  The Pac 12 will change up schedules the week of if there ends up being a premier match up for basketball. OSU vs LIttle Rock got really messed up which is why it was moved to a different venue. The Oregon State vs Penn State dual was 5:00 local time because of the network and basketball.  It goes on and on....

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Where is he going next year? 

With as disinterested as he has looked this year, I would not be surprised to see him be done and focus on Greco. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

With as disinterested as he has looked this year, I would not be surprised to see him be done and focus on Greco. 

The timing certainly would be confusing. Calling it quits after an Olympic year. I don’t see it.