Way too early Hodge Watch

On 1/29/2024 at 11:02 AM, Le duke said:

You think people are going to forget they happened? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For hodge consideration?   Correct me if I’m wrong.  The peeps on this board will not forget but it will factor in the actual hodge criteria I thought.  

Don’t forget both 174 and 197 psu have already dodged top 8 or better competition this year already.  

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

For hodge consideration?   Correct me if I’m wrong.  The peeps on this board will not forget but it will factor in the actual hodge criteria I thought.  

Don’t forget both 174 and 197 psu have already dodged top 8 or better competition this year already.  

They also teched or majored top 8 competition in Wittlake + Incontrera, and Smith, respectively.

Edited by Le duke

13 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

KOT isn't even guaranteed to make the finals much less win the whole thing. Don't forget that even though he won when it mattered most, he dropped two matches to Carr last year including getting pinned at Big 12s. Anyone who has Carr above KOT has a very sound argument to do so. It's not like this is a weak bracket like 125 this year or 197 the past couple years, at 165 these are two elite level NCAA *champions and three age-group world champions. Someone's going down Friday night and someone's going down Saturday night, and we might see the results flipped a month later at OTT.

Carr could win, but there is absolutely no way Carr should be ranked ahead of O’Toole.

And of course this thread is about the Hodge so is assuming O’Toole needs to go undefeated to win it.

• Fire 1

On 1/29/2024 at 12:11 PM, Fred said:

You think guys bring their best in an exhibition match? Seriously?

Wrestlers tend to be competitive people.  When a guy who is #1 faces off against a guy who is #2, I don't really think they care if the results end up on track or not, they're going to handle their business.

59 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Wrestlers tend to be competitive people.  When a guy who is #1 faces off against a guy who is #2, I don't really think they care if the results end up on track or not, they're going to handle their business.

Darrion Caldwell would like a word…