The Croatia (Zagreb) Open Ranking Series Tournament

1 minute ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

McKenna is jacked and doesn't look dehydrated, but his Armenian opponent, Tevanyan, has the 4-0 lead at the break. Tevanyan looks even bigger, and he's the 5-2 winner. 

Speaking of Mrs. Finesilver and her wide shot pattern, this is how I'd rank the wrestling mothers on that score:

1. Mrs. Mattin. It's like she gave birth to 7 identical twins but all were born in different years. She had the tightest shot pattern.

2. Mrs. Amine. I think the major differences in her brood is based on weight training. Still, not as tight a shot pattern as Mrs. Mattin. 

3. Mrs. Braunagel. She has a tighter shot pattern than it seems, as young Joey is wrestling 197 for the ILLINI, but he's pretty close to the size of Zac, and Danny is right there if he wasn't cutting weight all the time. They had an older brother who was smaller, and that's why she's here in the rankings. 

4. Mrs. Finesilver. She was all over the place. The Finesilver children could be Russian nesting dolls. 

Well so it's known...

Malik (141/149lbs in Folkstyle and 65-74 KG in Freestyle) and Myles (174-197lbs in Folkstyle and 86 KG in freestyle) are brothers.  They have two cousins who also wrestle(d) for Michigan as well.

Jordan (149/157lbs in Folkstyle... didn't really do Freestyle) and Cam (165lbs in Folkstyle and 74 KG in Freestyle).

In case you were using them all for Mrs. Amine, that is.  She is only Mother to two of them.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Nolf up 7-0 with 2M remaining in his match.

Rivera up 3-0 with 2M remaining in his match.

Zhou of China and Lehr of Germany on Mat B.  I believe if Zhou wins that Courtney will be pulled back in, right?

4 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

McKenna is jacked and doesn't look dehydrated, but his Armenian opponent, Tevanyan, has the 4-0 lead at the break. Tevanyan looks even bigger, and he's the 5-2 winner. 

Speaking of Mrs. Finesilver and her wide shot pattern, this is how I'd rank the wrestling mothers on that score:

1. Mrs. Mattin. It's like she gave birth to 7 identical twins but all were born in different years. She had the tightest shot pattern.

2. Mrs. Amine. I think the major differences in her brood is based on weight training. Still, not as tight a shot pattern as Mrs. Mattin. 

3. Mrs. Braunagel. She has a tighter shot pattern than it seems, as young Joey is wrestling 197 for the ILLINI, but he's pretty close to the size of Zac, and Danny is right there if he wasn't cutting weight all the time. They had an older brother who was smaller, and that's why she's here in the rankings. 

4. Mrs. Finesilver. She was all over the place. The Finesilver children could be Russian nesting dolls. 

Mrs. Diakomihalis:  three kids ranging from 125 through 149 all the way up to 190.

• Fire 2

It is looking like Rivera will get a chance to prove that his victory over Tevanyan was no fluke in the semi-finals on bottom.

If Tevanyan wins he will pull McKenna back in the Repechage.  McKenna will have to win one match and then he would have Rivera for Bronze.  I believe he is 1W-0L against Rivera with a 10/11-0 Tech.

• Fire 2

Just now, BigRedFan said:

Mrs. Diakomihalis:  three kids ranging from 125 through 149 all the way up to 190.

Mrs. Zillmer takes the cake with just one kid.

86lbs to 125 KG.

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

You do know that Marcy Amine only has two sons? (Miles and Malik)

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

India's Aman is up against Georgia Dingashvili on Mat C right now.

If Aman wins then Richards is pulled back in.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Well so it's known...

Malik (141/149lbs in Folkstyle and 65-74 KG in Freestyle) and Myles (174-197lbs in Folkstyle and 86 KG in freestyle) are brothers.  They have two cousins who also wrestle(d) for Michigan as well.

Jordan (149/157lbs in Folkstyle... didn't really do Freestyle) and Cam (165lbs in Folkstyle and 74 KG in Freestyle).

In case you were using them all for Mrs. Amine, that is.  She is only Mother to two of them.

She gets credit for all of them. She's a fine administrator. 

• Haha 1

Marsteller up next on Mat A.
Nolf in three on Mat A against our version of the Greek Freak.
Rivera VS Tevanyan on Mat A in four matches.
Zapf in five on Mat A.

Finesilver against Dauletbekov on Mat B next.

Aman wins with a first period 11-0 Tech.  Richards is pulled back in at 57 KG.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

Zou of China up on Lehr of Germany 4-3 with 28S remaining.

Edit: He wins.  Cruz is pulled back on, not Courtney.  My bad.

Edited by nhs67