The Croatia (Zagreb) Open Ranking Series Tournament

2 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Good match, but Schultz loses 7-8. Really hoped that Eric had worn him out earlier in the first period. 

Question for our rules/strategy folks: If you are an American and really suck at gut wrenches and leg laces, and you're chasing a lead, why not just stand up right away after a takedown? Get a quick restart. At least just sit there and look up at the ref immediately, no? 

This is what Steveson did in the Olympic finals to get gold against Petriashvili. Knew he couldn't turn him, motioned to ref to go back up to feet which ref granted and the rest is history.

• Fire 2

PNWfan

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Parris outwrestled him.

Masoumi out-sumo'd him.

That's the system. You don't have to wrestle to win matches. I'm not knocking the strategy because the rules allow it, but you absolutely don't have to attempt a single offensive move if you hold center and push.

I'll hear an argument that underhooking and pushing are offensive, but then I get to argue which definition of offensive we're using. 

• Fire 3

Just now, TylerDurden said:

That's the system. You don't have to wrestle to win matches. I'm not knocking the strategy because the rules allow it, but you absolutely don't have to attempt a single offensive move if you hold center and push.

I'll hear an argument that underhooking and pushing are offensive, but then I get to argue which definition of offensive we're using. 

I swear we have seen it, at least domestically, called negative wrestling rather recently.  It boggles my mind that they'll just allow them to not actually wrestle.

I might even be crossing styles, now that I think about it.  It might be a Folkstyle thing I am thinking of.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Vicky 'Chonkzilla' Vicky giving Trumble all he can handle.  8-5 victory for Trumble.  A takedown as time expired made the score closer than it actually was.

• Fire 2

Trumble is a beast. His problem is that Kyle Snyder is still only 15 years old. By the way, Vicky Vicky is not only a girl's name, but the same girl's name twice. 

I am happy that the organizers must have had a rule against those loud vozuvala (sp?) horns. Now, the Iranian fans are cheering for the Iranian in English. They don't know what to do! 

Isaac is your Bronze medalist 8-5. 

• Fire 1

Ghasempour won his Bronze medal match 3-1 against Turkey.

Snyder Teched that gent from Turkey with relative ease.

• Fire 1

Parris has Meshvildishvili of Azerbaijan in his Bronze medal match after Snyder's match on Mat A.

He beat Zillmer 5-4 last year.

Snyder in deep on a single... gets it high... he is trying to get two out of this... gets it on the edge - up 3-0 with 2m24s to go.

Snyder pushes him out... and he calls one blue?  Red challenging that one.

Snyder did step out earlier in the sequence, but reset, so I think that is what the ref is calling.

Another loss for Snyder. This really makes me doubt how he can stack up against Tazhudinov and some of the best at 97kg. I'd think he has a good shot to medal in Paris, but gold is going to be tough.

PNWfan