Iowa vs Iowa State

CycloneFan97

4 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

“It’s not real, except where it’s real”. Great analysis. Don’t you owe someone $1000 or something?

Well,  those two teams regularly win in those environments, so it's real in two instances.  

No,  I owe no one anything.  First,  we never agreed on the conditions of the bet,  which was easy to see from the transcripts. Second,  I also made several offers to the individual that if he could show me where the conditions were agreed upon by both of us beforehand,  I'm an honest man and I'll pay up. I never heard back,  but the offer is still there. 

Good to see that you've moved on,  Butch.

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Well,  those two teams regularly win in those environments, so it's real in two instances.  

No,  I owe no one anything.  First,  we never agreed on the conditions of the bet,  which was easy to see from the transcripts. Second,  I also made several offers to the individual that if he could show me where the conditions were agreed upon by both of us beforehand,  I'm an honest man and I'll pay up. I never heard back,  but the offer is still there. 

Good to see that you've moved on,  Butch.

You can tell you are someone to be taken seriously when it takes you a paragraph to explain why you reneged on a bet, bub.

• Haha 2

Just now, Nailbender said:

I've watched the Hawks on a football field and in a baseball stadium. I wonder what kind of advantage they'd get at Lambeau!!

Whatever advantage it is it would be unique to Iowa. Unfortunately no other programs are allowed to have passionate fans that show up no matter what and cheer for their wrestlers. It’s a unique phenomenon and unfortunately is not able to be replicated by Iowa State and many other opponents.

11 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Good assumption. Is every match that takes place at Carver the “ultimate home mat advantage “ or just some? What makes it the “ultimate” vs a regular ole match at Carver. Be specific, DataBoy.

Hang on a sec. You have season tix and you DON'T think Carver is the ultimate home mat advantage? My data tells me there is an 83% chance that the problem is in your mirror, semantics baby boy.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Whatever advantage it is it would be unique to Iowa. Unfortunately no other programs are allowed to have passionate fans that show up no matter what and cheer for their wrestlers. It’s a unique phenomenon and unfortunately is not able to be replicated by Iowa State and many other opponents.

I've experienced it. It's real and extremely unfair. The Hawks should have to wrestle in a funeral parlor with only opposing fans in attendance. Except for today, today ISU had a chance, I had to stay home sick.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

You can tell you are someone to be taken seriously when it takes you a paragraph to explain why you reneged on a bet, bub.

You asked,  didn't you,  boy? If you don't like the answer, boy,  then zip ya yap, boy. 

If you want to look over the bet and find where we agreed on the conditions of the bet, have at it, boy.  Let me know where you found the agreeance, and I'll pay up, boy. Sound fair,  boy? Good...

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Hang on a sec. You have season tix and you DON'T think Carver is the ultimate home mat advantage? My data tells me there is an 83% chance that the problem is in your mirror, semantics baby boy.

As someone who is there year in and year out, I can tell you not all days in Carver are created the same. Today was not a very intense day in Carver. Why was today the ULTIMATE home mat advantage? It wasn’t. It was another Ho hum day in Carver.

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

You asked,  didn't you,  boy? If you don't like the answer, boy,  then zip ya yap, boy. 

If you want to look over the bet and find where we agreed on the conditions of the bet, have at it, boy.  Let me know where you found the agreeance, and I'll pay up, boy. Sound fair,  boy? Good...

D984DB6C-1585-41C4-BF6A-8A8F03D317AA.jpeg

• Fire 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

D984DB6C-1585-41C4-BF6A-8A8F03D317AA.jpeg

Are you going to look over there trabscript and inform me where we agreed on the conditions of the best,  boy? If not,  then what do you  keep crying about, boy?

Look it up and tell us where. Otherwise,  zip ya yap.

Just now, Ban Basketball said:

Are you going to look over there trabscript and inform me where we agreed on the conditions of the best,  boy? If not,  then what do you  keep crying about, boy?

Look it up and tell us where. Otherwise,  zip ya yap.

How about you make me? A change in forum URL doesn’t change the fact that you are one of the saddest souls to ever grace these message boards.

Ban Basketball is known as a douche bag who doesn’t hold up his end of the deal. You can call me “boy” all you want you sad fuck but it won’t change the fact that when it comes down to it you are just a lame bitch.

2 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

How about you make me? A change in forum URL doesn’t change the fact that you are one of the saddest souls to ever grace these message boards.

Ban Basketball is known as a douche bag who doesn’t hold up his end of the deal. You can call me “boy” all you want you sad fuck but it won’t change the fact that when it comes down to it you are just a lame bitch.

Gone over the transcript yet, boy? Got a conclusion on it yet,  boy?

If not,  you've got work to do,  boy.  Zip ta yap.

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

Transcript confirms you lost the bet. Now what? 

Show me the specific passage through a link or copying and pasting where we both agreed on the final conditions.  

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Show me the specific passage through a link or copying and pasting where we both agreed on the final conditions.  

Thanks!

Sorry, you aren’t paying my consulting wage. You asked me to review the transcript. I did and summed up your arguments.

Any further analysis will require a consulting contract on my end and I charge $200/hr.

Edited by wrestlingphish
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Sorry, you aren’t paying my consulting wage. You asked me to review the transcript. I did and summed up your arguments.

Any further analysis will require a consulting contract in my end and I charge $200/hr.

Got a copy of the transcript yet,  boy? What were we betting on,  boy?

If not,  giddy on,  boy,  and start digging.  

As an FYI, the other party has been given the offer,  and has yet to get back to me.  So,  perhaps you're wasting your time,  boy?

Edited by Ban Basketball

25 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

As someone who is there year in and year out, I can tell you not all days in Carver are created the same. Today was not a very intense day in Carver. Why was today the ULTIMATE home mat advantage? It wasn’t. It was another Ho hum day in Carver.

Congratulations. You have single handedly convinced me that Iowa fans are not very passionate fans of wrestling, what with the not very intense day in spite of the debut of Spencer Lee against the team whose coach called your coach an orange. From now on when I need some quiet time I will haed to Carver to watch you sit on your hands.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Congratulations. You have single handedly convinced me that Iowa fans are not very passionate fans of wrestling, what with the not very intense day in spite of the debut of Spencer Lee against the team whose coach called your coach an orange. From now on when I need some quiet time I will haed to Carver to watch you sit on your hands.

Congratulations, you have completely ignored what I said. Enjoy watching me from a distance I guess, I dont think you will find it much fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

5 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Got a copy of the transcript yet,  boy? What were we betting on,  boy?

If not,  giddy on,  boy,  and start digging.  

As an FYI, the other party has been given the offer,  and has yet to get back to me.  So,  perhaps you're wasting your time,  boy?

Boy, how about you DM me, and we can stop clogging the boards?

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Boy, how about you DM me, and we can stop clogging the boards?

Just copy and paste the passage where we agreed on the final conditions.  If you can pernt out where we both agreed,  I will happily pay the other party.

I want it posted here,  so that others who may care as much as you  curiously do can verify it too.

Got it,  boy? Good...

2 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

When you are sitting in the passenger seat on the way back from Iowa City with an unlimited data plan there is not much else to do. I finished King Leopold’s Ghost on the way over and would welcome any suggestions.

Consider yourself lucky, he wanted me to watch reruns of KWWL.