“The Dual” on Amazon Prime Video

Currently in the middle of watching.

Maybe a tad drawn out by putting it into 6 episodes, but pretty good overall and worth the $4.99 (SD), you can tell a lot of people effort went into it.  I like how they had some of the guys watching the match together.  Alger/Tate was particularly fun.

I honestly don’t know who wins, don’t spoil it please!

29 minutes ago, Caveira said:

Weird.  I paid $9.99 for it on Amazon.   But would do it again.  

I did as well, wasn't really paying close attention and figured it was worth the $10. The trick is to select "more purchase options" and the $4.99 SD option is available. 

Edited by Laxhawk174
  • Fire 1

Cool thx for clarification.  And I’ve been in it/tech for a long time lol  

I just clicked buy and didn’t care.  

side note:  imo The hd fwiw imo is not necessary as the interviews aren’t exactly marvel movies and the actual wrestling footage is so pixilated it doesn’t really matter.   

1 hour ago, AgaveMaria said:

Why the extra charge if one is aleady paying the high fees for Amazon Prime?

There’s a bunch of stuff you have to pay for on there (and other subscription streaming services)

40 minutes ago, headshuck said:

That looks like one episode for 2 hours?  The one on Amazon is 6 one hour episodes 

14 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

great documentary...would be curious why Rico Chiapparelli wasn't interviewed like almost all of the other wrestlers were?

The one pic they flashed showed Gibbons standing next to a smiling Rico looking like a minimum security prisoner running a organic farming program. 

16 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

great documentary...would be curious why Rico Chiapparelli wasn't interviewed like almost all of the other wrestlers were?

Because he would've destroyed the perception of a Dan Gable Iowa wrestler.  Rico is soft spoken,  thoughtful, creative, and crosses his legs during during interviews. 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Forget what match it was, but I thought it was interesting when they showed a sequence that was called OOB when the ref said “his feet were out but his shoulders were in” and the ref said out loud something like “hold on let me think about it.”  No idea what the rules were at the time but I was more surprised that he said that out loud.  There wasn’t much if any complaining from Gable, but I feel like if something like that happened today the coaches would go nuts.

The Royce Alger / Bill Tate episode was probably my favorite with the 2 of them watching it together.

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Because he would've destroyed the perception of a Dan Gable Iowa wrestler.  Rico is soft spoken,  thoughtful, creative, and crosses his legs during during interviews. 

Lol I’m sure that’s not why.  I thought there were a few of them that weren’t interviewed but can’t remember

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

lol, Yeah I know.  But everything I said about Rico is true.

I've always been under the impression that Rico grew up to be a MMA/Monster Energy drinking kinda dude. I know his family ran a very fancy Italian restaurant in Baltimore but I figured maybe he was too rough around the edges. Not sure where I got that idea from, you're telling me that's false? 

1 hour ago, Bardamu911 said:

I've always been under the impression that Rico grew up to be a MMA/Monster Energy drinking kinda dude. I know his family ran a very fancy Italian restaurant in Baltimore but I figured maybe he was too rough around the edges. Not sure where I got that idea from, you're telling me that's false? 

Don't know him personally so it's quite possible he's what you described.  Just basing it off his interviews.  He did say Dan Gable hated his wrestling style 

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted