Pitt vs tOSU on BIG10 Network today

lightweight

Just now, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

This. The ILLINI were cruising to a 60-0 win until the ref decided to stop looking for pinfalls. I watched the match live, and I'm an impartial and respected journalist.

Wkn was reffing?  I missed that but explains a lot.  🤨

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, lightweight said:

Accurate summary by MPhillips.

Both teams wrestled well.  Shane Sparks focused on how many end of period TDs were scored, which I agree was often the key to the matches.  141 tOSU gave up a lead, but then at 149 Pitt did the same, so those two matches were a wash.  (However, D'Emilio was named OW, so a better win there.)   157-165 trading majors.  Agree that 174 could have easily ended with more points had Kharchla not gotten hurt.  (Announcers used the down time to note that PSU announced that Shayne Van Ness is out for the season with his injury.  Hope Kharchla's is not as serious.)  At 184 RHeller wrestled well, nice to see.  197 looked like twoPitt now has beaten Maryland, Illinois, and Ohio State from the Big Ten.  Too bad about that loss to Navy earlier in the season.  They are a lot more fun to watch this year than in some year's past.  

Pitt knocking off OSU East is an impressive program step up for sure.  Are they a sleeping giant?

Good dual.  Interesting since Matthews was really the only Pitt win that was particularly close (although 125 an upset).  So even if that result changes they still would’ve needed a Feldman win over Pitzer which would’ve been a good match.  

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1