You’re the AD…

AnklePicker

22 hours ago, nhs67 said:

No, they wrestled the 1 second of that match.

My mind might be fuzzy as of now - a lot of Jagerbombs and as a 56 year old man they make things fuzzy.

I thought there was something there with clock management that made this match controversial as well as there being two instances where Chittum 'nearly' had the TD, not just the one that was reviewed.

In any case you can take that one back and it is still 40% of the matches where he dropped the ball just purely as a coach.  Getting $300k a year?  He doesn't deserve that this year after that one.

Agree.

What was the biggest mistake?  Gotta be not knowing the riding time at 174 right especially if they were saying just to ride?   

I mean in addition to reading the scoreboard wrong, how in the heck could they have thought he had RT there?  He was getting majored until midway through the third period.

Honestly I do still think going for a turn there was probably just as likely as getting another TD with 15 seconds left.    I just rewatched and it took him 20 seconds to get that one and Kennedy was already running away.   But for the last 3 or 4 seconds he just laid on top, so he may not have even tried as hard for the turn based on the direction from the coaches.

27 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Agree.

What was the biggest mistake?  Gotta be not knowing the riding time at 174 right especially if they were saying just to ride?   

I mean in addition to reading the scoreboard wrong, how in the heck could they have thought he had RT there?  He was getting majored until midway through the third period.

Honestly I do still think going for a turn there was probably just as likely as getting another TD with 15 seconds left.    I just rewatched and it took him 20 seconds to get that one and Kennedy was already running away.   But for the last 3 or 4 seconds he just laid on top, so he may not have even tried as hard for the turn based on the direction from the coaches.

I think the 141 non-challenge might have been just as big.

Iowa's 141lber is the title favorite.  You beat him, while at home, and the wind gets sucked out of Iowa earlier.  It has more potential changes to the dual than anything.

Does Swiderski come out more aggressive early and build an earlier lead?  Pushing for a Major?  Maybe.

After that Major does Chittum ride the momentum and get that takedown two seconds earlier?  Maybe.

Does Carr tech Caliendo?  Yes.

Does Gaitan not give up that early lead and pull away late for a wide Decision, or dare I say Major?  Maybe.

Does Feldkamp come out with a beach ball sized set of juevs and pull the trigger on one or two of those double overs?  Yes.  Do they land?  No clue.

Does Broderson actually try?  Probably not.

You're talking that three point swing could have been much more because of it being Iowa State and being home-mat advantage.

That said, while 141 could have been a much more larger point swing, just swinging 174 alone wins them the dual.  It doesn't really sway momentum.  It may just also give Batista a Tech, because Hill is looking for a Pin there late and gives up a couple/few bad/easy shots.  So 18-14 Iowa becomes 18-15 Iowa State.

I could see it either way, but I definitely think it is those two that were the worst.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I think the 141 non-challenge might have been just as big.

Iowa's 141lber is the title favorite.  You beat him, while at home, and the wind gets sucked out of Iowa earlier.  It has more potential changes to the dual than anything.

Does Swiderski come out more aggressive early and build an earlier lead?  Pushing for a Major?  Maybe.

After that Major does Chittum ride the momentum and get that takedown two seconds earlier?  Maybe.

Does Carr tech Caliendo?  Yes.

Does Gaitan not give up that early lead and pull away late for a wide Decision, or dare I say Major?  Maybe.

Does Feldkamp come out with a beach ball sized set of juevs and pull the trigger on one or two of those double overs?  Yes.  Do they land?  No clue.

Does Broderson actually try?  Probably not.

You're talking that three point swing could have been much more because of it being Iowa State and being home-mat advantage.

That said, while 141 could have been a much more larger point swing, just swinging 174 alone wins them the dual.  It doesn't really sway momentum.  It may just also give Batista a Tech, because Hill is looking for a Pin there late and gives up a couple/few bad/easy shots.  So 18-14 Iowa becomes 18-15 Iowa State.

I could see it either way, but I definitely think it is those two that were the worst.

Do you think there was a chance they overturned the no TD call for Echemendia?  I don't.   Or are you more saying you think he has a better chance to win in SV if he gets a breather?

39 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Do you think there was a chance they overturned the no TD call for Echemendia?  I don't.   Or are you more saying you think he has a better chance to win in SV if he gets a breather?

I think more the latter.

Refs don't like overturning their own calls, even if the bias was clearly evident throughout the dual as a whole.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me