Who is the Nestor Cortes of ...

jross

Who is the Nestor Cortes of ...

1. Wrestlers
  2. Wrestling Coaches
  3. Wrestling Commentary
  4. Intermat Forum Members

Note: Nestor delays his windup, fast pitches, changes his arm slot, and performs other funk to disrupt the batter's timing.  It is entertaining and effective.

I pitched all of my baseball career and all I can say is that baseball has sure gotten lax with what they call balks. Everyone of those were balks in my day.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

Couldn't agree more, mspart. You can practically run with the ball from mid-court to the hoop and not get called. 

(Yes, friends,  I actually was a high school basketball player,  converting after my wrestling career).

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

21 minutes ago, jross said:

The purpose of the balk rule is to prevent the pitcher from deceiving the runner.  The pitcher can do about anything when no runner is on base to deceive.

Not entirely. With no runners on base,  I couldn't fake a pitch to a batter and then throw it afterward.  I also couldn't make any movement stepping toward the batter and pull back.

Everything I saw that guy do violated both of those rules against balking. I just think they've re-defined it or something.