What is the longest wrestling dual in history?

jross

3 minutes ago, jross said:

Some Midwest baseball players recently broke the Guinness World Record for the longest game by playing 100 hours straight while attempting to raise $300,000 for charity.  What are some of the longest wrestling matches (Fix/Suriano, Klein/Asikainen)?  What would this look like as an endless wrestling dual?

https://www.visitestonia.com/en/statue-of-martin-klein#:~:text=The wrestler Martin Klein from,11 hours and 40 minutes.

8 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I wrestled Brandon Paulson in 8th grade to qualify for nationals.

Lord help me, but I hope that doesn't mean you're a Minnesotan.

I'll never boast that I done growed up there again.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I'm sure Minnesota would be more than happy to not have you associated with them

Haven't lived there for thirty years,  but I was well liked. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Perfect example of an egotistical narcissistic POS...first hijacked this cool thread about wrestling to make it about themselves, and then even tries to say he was well liked by a whole state.  Delusional idiot at its finest.

I hijacked nothing.  It just sounded like you were from Minnesota,  so I was concerned.  We don't raise 'em to come out like you. 

LOL!!!!!!

22 hours ago, jross said:

...What would this look like as an endless wrestling dual?

The newspaper clipping could look like...

----------------------------------------------

A Manhattan, Kansas-based group has achieved an extraordinary feat, setting a new world record for the longest wrestling dual, which stretched an impressive 100 hours and one minute.

This remarkable achievement was orchestrated by the Endless Wrestling Foundation, a dedicated organization on a mission to generate funds for charitable causes.

The dual commenced on a Thursday morning and concluded at noon on the following Monday, with an ever-rotating roster of 60 passionate wrestlers divided into two formidable teams. Bolstering their efforts were numerous volunteers, along with an essential crew of 60 scorekeepers and 35 referees ensuring the event's smooth operation.

These valiant wrestlers were divided into "Team Courage" and "Team Strength," all united in their noble pursuit of raising funds for multiple charitable organizations, including Operation Breakthrough, which aids children in poverty, Children's Mercy Hospital, and the Beat the Streets wrestling non-profit.

In a display of unparalleled stamina, wrestlers participated in shifts, each engaging in 33 matches, lasting a total of three hours per wrestler, culminating in an astonishing 1000 matches overall. Notably, participants were confined to designated areas within the school premises, including the gym, locker room, and cafeteria until the monumental dual reached its conclusion.

The age range of the wrestlers spanned from 18 to 70, ensuring a diverse and captivating spectacle for attendees. For those in the audience, the experience was more than just a sporting event; it featured live music, food trucks, and a wine and beer garden, providing additional entertainment for the supportive fans who gathered to back this extraordinary endeavor.

At the conclusion of this five-day wrestling marathon, Team Courage emerged victorious with a commanding 2738 points, surpassing Team Strength's valiant effort, which tallied 1269 points. The group's overarching goal was to raise $300,000 for their chosen charities, and their commitment to this noble cause persists through a silent auction, allowing them to further contribute to their selected philanthropic organizations.

2 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

No, no, no you weren't...

Well,  you'd know,  being that you lived in Minnesota from the 60's- early 90's.

I'm comfortable in my own skin and my relationships with others. 

2 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

No, no, no you weren't...

And, Big Brog actually laughs.  Easy amusement,  appatently by our book cancelling advocate.