Lowest cumulative seed - Highest success

Wrestleknownothing

From 2003 - 2006, Oklahoma State's Jake Rosholt won three NCAA titles. His seeds the three years he won were 10, 2, 4 for a total of 16 and an average of 5.33.

Has anyone with multiple titles had a higher average seed than Rosholt? I am willing to count unseeded as the midpoint of the highest seed+1 and the total in the bracket. For example, in a year where seeds only went to 8 and there were 31 wrestlers, an unseeded wrestler would be 20.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

From 2003 - 2006, Iowa's Jake Rosholt won three NCAA titles. His seeds the three years he won were 10, 2, 4 for a total of 16 and an average of 5.33.

Has anyone with multiple titles had a higher average seed than Rosholt? I am willing to count unseeded as the midpoint of the highest seed+1 and the total in the bracket. For example, in a year where seeds only went to 8 and there were 31 wrestlers, an unseeded wrestler would be 20.

Wow, I never knew this. 

• Haha 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

From 2003 - 2006, Iowa's Jake Rosholt won three NCAA titles. His seeds the three years he won were 10, 2, 4 for a total of 16 and an average of 5.33.

Oklahoma State's?

• Fire 1

Quentin Wright was seeded 9th and 2nd the two years he won it = 5.5

Mark Branch was seeded 1st one year and unseeded the other year he won. There were 12 seeds that year + 1 = 13, 29 in bracket = 21 for him if I am following your math for that year = average of 11 seed.

anyone who won multiple with one being unseeded I think will skew this pretty heavily...

I'd be surprised if there is a 3x champ with higher average that Rosholt. 

Edited by 11986
edit
  • Fire 1