Russian nationals 2023. Being updated

2 hours ago, Radik of themat.com forums said:

"attempted Russian Coup" always starts from the Russian wrestling championships lol
-
please do not post about politics here. I want to share only results and wrestling news from Russia for you guys. Politics and other are out of me. Peace 

It is wrestling related. Do you think Prigozhin and Wagner have a bunch of former wrestlers in their ranks or blonde-haired disco boys from Moscow? Moreover, it would not surprise me to hear that Dagestan, the Ossetias and that whole region, which has the best wrestling in the world, will take this opportunity to gain their independence. Finally, whether these champions of the Russian Nationals will wrestle in an Olympics next year or a world championship this year probably depends on what happens in the next 48 hours. 

I will not post on this topic again. I've said my piece. 

• Fire 2

9 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

It is wrestling related. Do you think Prigozhin and Wagner have a bunch of former wrestlers in their ranks or blonde-haired disco boys from Moscow? Moreover, it would not surprise me to hear that Dagestan, the Ossetias and that whole region, which has the best wrestling in the world, will take this opportunity to gain their independence. Finally, whether these champions of the Russian Nationals will wrestle in an Olympics next year or a world championship this year probably depends on what happens in the next 48 hours. 

I will not post on this topic again. I've said my piece. 

too much CNN 

I don't know if it's the same now but Oleg Taktarov once said that guys in the military clubs for wrestling and judo would be incentivized to win by their coaches saying if they didn't win they would get sent to fight in wars going on. Probably Chechnya back then. He gritted out a winning throw on a broken ankle to avoid that. 

7 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

@Radik of themat.com forums, how will the 86 kg champ fare against Taylor and Yazdani? I see Naifonov was in the bracket--has he just fallen off or is Bagaev the real deal? Naifonov never seemed to get close to the top two despite medaling at Worlds/Olympics.

Naifonv had horrible condition at this Russian championships, but Bagaev is Olympic hopeful too, lets see 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Le duke said:

I saw video of him looking like a stuffed sausage a couple months back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone did.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

• 4 weeks later...

If eligible to compete at the worlds, I'd take Uguev to win gold.  RBY or Lee cannot stop him.  

Abasgadzhi, too.

I hope Mamedov can do well at 65kg, I think I'd take him over Amouzad, but also want Otoguro to show that he is still the best at 65kg.

Sidakov, too.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 8:39 AM, KingOtoguro said:

If eligible to compete at the worlds, I'd take Uguev to win gold.  RBY or Lee cannot stop him.  

Abasgadzhi, too.

I hope Mamedov can do well at 65kg, I think I'd take him over Amouzad, but also want Otoguro to show that he is still the best at 65kg.

Sidakov, too.  

Otoguro is lucky! 65 is the hardest weight class now in fs! cant wait world serbia