Wrassling

Nailbender

2 hours ago, mspart said:

I usually just ignore people that say Wrasslin' and move on with the conversation.   It doesn't help to make a stink of it.  But I will correct them that I'm not into WWE or WWF whatever it is called now.   Olympic Wrasslin' is the style I do and enjoy.  Well, I don't do it anymore.  But I do enjoy watching great wrestling.

mspart

I don't correct them either. It's pointless and more my problem than theirs. I agree with the second part too. I have zero interest in "professional" wrestling. Oddly enough my wife's grandmother loved it. She was like 90 and never missed it. 

I can't stand when you are coaching at a tournament and either the parents or someone from the opposing team stands right behind the coaches chairs and yells crap to their wrester.  I got into it with a dad once as they were right over my shoulder yelling opposite things to their kid...I said, "Sir, can you please move to the other side of the mat or get back in the stands?", he replied something like he had every right to be there, and I said "It is common sense that you don't stand behind the opposing teams coaches and yell stuff, get out of here!!"  He didn't like that and we had words...the other coached grabbed me so I just went back to coaching.  I did awhile later go up to the dad and we chatted and he apologized saying it is his kids first year and he doesn't know what he is doing...we ended up laughing and shaking hands.  But point is it has happened so many times and drives me crazy!