School official recreates Pulp Fiction scene!

Plasmodium

School Superintendent leaves his gun laying around in the elementary school shitter.   Kid walks in, picks it up, carefully examines it while trying to piece together where it came from and  ....,

Teacher afraid(?) to go in a boy's bathroom so she sends a kid in to check on it.  This is embarrassing for our gun culture and so much more.  Super's reaction is disgraceful.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/texas-3rd-grader-finds-superintendent-115600380.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAE0KZu51EOLaO2kDx2vB8jBdnkoNrs5cZ7KdfDKrxAPrcL2yx473Z3ElG9EB9adaiSv84vacpFmfOhDhcdy_7oXfcJZsaVYMaacAxPqsOIDijCkMzUUvNrHBaQxfw3_CQKzslyJBTKAGO94UIU38B-ZQwvXz2Re7Qal77JlUa5aR

4 minutes ago, El Luchador said:

The superintendent isn't a teacher. But he probably is a brain dead liberal. I'm not defending his stupidity but this is a prime example of selective reporting. 

The school principal also open carries on campus.  Selective reporting?  A liberal?  Almost 90% of that town voted for Trump.  Love it!!!

4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

The school principal also open carries on campus.  Selective reporting?  A liberal?  Almost 90% of that town voted for Trump.  Love it!!!

Principal still isn't a teacher.  If you don't recognize the imbalance in education of political ideology you're not paying attention. 

You and I have a different view of what is  newsworthy.  This is the definition of newsworthy.  At least he resigned, that is more than I expected.

Many Tesla crashes are newsworthy because they involve a desperate, overly aggressive campaign to roll out immature technology.

I have no idea what you mean by imbalance.  Furrbies and litter boxes?  😂

40 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

The superintendent's mistake is inexcusable.

I agree. As a man who carries every day I can say this man is not properly trained and doesn't have the right mentality.  Using the crapper is a real issue and you need a plan for dealing with it.  That may sound weird but it's real.

1 hour ago, El Luchador said:

I agree. As a man who carries every day I can say this man is not properly trained and doesn't have the right mentality.  Using the crapper is a real issue and you need a plan for dealing with it.  That may sound weird but it's real.

Choosing to carry a firearm anywhere is a serious decision, let alone in a school. I'm glad the superintendent decided (or someone decided for them) that this person was no longer the person for that job. I'd go a step further and question if there shouldn't be further consequences. I agree with you, leaving a gun in the bathroom is not the same as dropping your wallet or losing your cell phone.

That said, according to the Gun Violence Archive (not anywhere near a right wing group) there have been 152 defensive shootings since January when this incident happened. I won't see any articles posted about those. 

4 hours ago, El Luchador said:

What?!  There are no training requirements for someone to sashay around an elementary school with a piece?

This situation is beyond disgraceful and embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

What?!  There are no training requirements for someone to sashay around an elementary school with a piece?

This situation is beyond disgraceful and embarrassing.

I never said there wasn't a training requirement,  I said he wasn't properly trained and lacked the proper mentality.  I suspect it's more of a matter of complacency.  With freedom comes responsibility. I also think open carry is a foolish choice. We call this the shoot me first carry position. Defensive shooting is always done at a deficit.  The only element of surprise comes from the bad guy not knowing you have a  weapon. 

I thought schools were gun free zones.   But apparently nothing happened here other than the parents were not advised.   Super needed to go.   You don't do that.   Period.  It is not a cell phone etc as noted above.   But you can kill with a cell phone if you try hard enough.   Good thing that kid didn't pull the trigger.  He'd be deaf in that bathroom if not seriously injured.  I'd say that kid has had a decent edumacation about common sense.    There's not much of that around anymore.  

mspart