Tech NC State this weekend

Hammerlock3

This is my favorite dual of the year, good individual rivalries, the teams really don't like each other, weird stuff tends to happen...but I'm not familiar enough with NC States lineup to do a top down prediction so someone else do it please!

• Fire 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

This is my favorite dual of the year, good individual rivalries, the teams really don't like each other, weird stuff tends to happen...but I'm not familiar enough with NC States lineup to do a top down prediction so someone else do it please!

I got you covered (and will still probably make mistakes)!

• Fire 1

125: Eddie Ventresca dec Jarrett Trombley 3-0

133: Sam Latona dec Kai Orine 6-0

141: Ryan Jack dec Tom Crook 6-3

149: Caleb Henson dec Jackson Arrington 9-3

157: Ed Scott major Clayton Ulrey 9-7

165: Connor Brady dec Donald Cates 12-7

174: Mekhi Lewis major Alex Faison 16-7

184: Trent Hidlay dec Hunter Bolen 16-10

197: Isaac Trumble dec Andy Smith 16-13

285: Owen Trephan dec Hunter Catka 16-16

Edited by flyingcement
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

125: Eddie Ventresca dec Jarrett Trombley 3-0

133: Sam Latona dec Kai Orine 6-0

141: Ryan Jack dec Tom Crook 6-3

149: Caleb Henson dec Jackson Arrington 9-3

157: Ed Scott major Clayton Ulrey 9-7

174: Mekhi Lewis major Alex Faison 16-7

184: Trent Hidlay dec Hunter Bolen 16-10

285: Owen Trephan dec Hunter Catka 16-16

thanks, hard for me to think ulrey gets majored...Lewis isn't a great with his own points either but i don't know faison...141 184 197 looking big...based on your prediction I would only say a lot more wiggle room for tech.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

thanks, hard for me to think ulrey gets majored...Lewis isn't a great with his own points either but i don't know faison...141 184 197 looking big...based on your prediction I would only say a lot more wiggle room for tech.

Jack did beat Crook pretty decisively earlier in the year (maybe the scuffle?) But Crook being younger could be growing exponentially.  Unfortunately from my perspective it looks like his results have pleateaued a bit since his very strong start

• Fire 1

Just now, flyingcement said:

Jack did beat Crook pretty decisively earlier in the year (maybe the scuffle?) But Crook being younger could be growing exponentially.  Unfortunately from my perspective it looks like his results have pleateaued a bit since his very strong start

thanks again didn't know that

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

It was at the Cliff Keen in  Vegas.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I think you'll see Singletary instead of Cates at 165.  Not sure it changes the outcome of this match though.

At 197, I think there's a high potential for Trumble bonus points. 6 of his last 7 matches have resulted in bonus points for him (the exception being the National Duals match with Beard)

• Fire 1

29 minutes ago, feet2back said:

Although 2 great programs Nobody cares about ACC Wrestling...B1G matches threads have a couple thousand views..The Biggest ACC match of Year has 297  views

With the exception of Iowa and psu, VT has one of the higher attendance levels among all programs. And the ACC, particularly VT and the pack have held their own vs the B1G

• Fire 1