Director of the Secret Service (Cheatle) just said in interview. Roof was too steep, so decision was made to only secure the inside of the building.

17 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

All well and good, but has nothing to do with US Senators acting like circus clowns.  At some point in time, and you would think the events of the past weekend would have been a good light bulb moment, our leaders, on both sides of the aisle, need to start behaving with leadership.  

You mean demanding accountability or business as usual. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

What would be different if we didn’t have circus clowns running the country?  Is that a serious question? 

I’m about fed up with you denigrating circus clowns.  Have you met some of the people who vote?  There’s a reason they call it the House of Representatives and the Senate is no different, at least since the 17th Amendment passed. 

• Bob 1

22 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I’m about fed up with you denigrating circus clowns.  Have you met some of the people who vote?  There’s a reason they call it the House of Representatives and the Senate is no different, at least since the 17th Amendment passed. 

Fed up?  Don't be so emotional.   And yes, I have met some of the people who vote, I engage with the community a whooole lot, which is where I come to the conclusion that we have allowed this mess to develop.  Too many people vote against their own best interest, because they so closely follow what the screen tells them to think.  

45 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Fed up?  Don't be so emotional.   And yes, I have met some of the people who vote, I engage with the community a whooole lot, which is where I come to the conclusion that we have allowed this mess to develop.  Too many people vote against their own best interest, because they so closely follow what the screen tells them to think.  

Was just kinda joking about the clown thing, but as for the voting against their own best interest thing, some people vote for the candidate that has no chance thinking it is somehow in their best interest.  

• Bob 1

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Was just kinda joking about the clown thing, but as for the voting against their own best interest thing, some people vote for the candidate that has no chance thinking it is somehow in their best interest.  

The thing I would say to that is voting is not supposed to be about who do you think has the best chance….part of the reason for being in this mess.  Voting is supposed to be about who best represents your ideals and what you want for leadership.  Being in a minority opinion of who best fits that description does not mean you should lay down your values. That’s the behavior of the sheep following the herd…

23 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

The thing I would say to that is voting is not supposed to be about who do you think has the best chance….part of the reason for being in this mess.  Voting is supposed to be about who best represents your ideals and what you want for leadership.  Being in a minority opinion of who best fits that description does not mean you should lay down your values. That’s the behavior of the sheep following the herd…

In effect it just removes that voice from the decision, leaving it for other voters to decide.  It’s neither noble nor serious.  There will be critical decisions to be made and a general direction to go, I’ll vote for the candidate who most closely aligns with my desires and has a chance to win.  That’s what’s in my best interest.  

10 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

In effect it just removes that voice from the decision, leaving it for other voters to decide.  It’s neither noble nor serious.  There will be critical decisions to be made and a general direction to go, I’ll vote for the candidate who most closely aligns with my desires and has a chance to win.  That’s what’s in my best interest.  

I would disagree that it removes that voice just because that voice is the minority. 

Let me ask you this. A whole lot of people believe that we would truly benefit from a three (or more) party system. I would say a vast majority of people, who do not directly benefit from the two party system, would agree with that. 

Which do you think is a better recipe to get to a three party system…..using our  voice to vote for the person that TRULY aligns with our values….or voting for the lesser of two evils because we want to vote for the winner, and we have that nice shiny screen to tell us, all nice and easy like. 

Voting for who I think has the best chance to win is about the clearest picture you could paint of a herd mentality. 

We have what you want in the form of primaries.  Multiple candidates compete for the nomination and you’re welcome to vote for any you like.  Trump is proof that it works.  He never had the support of the party establishment  yet enough citizens supported him to win.  I didn’t say anybody should vote for the candidate who has the best chance to win, did I?  I said:  “ I’ll vote for the candidate who most closely aligns with my desires and has a chance to win.”

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I would disagree that it removes that voice just because that voice is the minority. 

Let me ask you this. A whole lot of people believe that we would truly benefit from a three (or more) party system. I would say a vast majority of people, who do not directly benefit from the two party system, would agree with that. 

Which do you think is a better recipe to get to a three party system…..using our  voice to vote for the person that TRULY aligns with our values….or voting for the lesser of two evils because we want to vote for the winner, and we have that nice shiny screen to tell us, all nice and easy like. 

Voting for who I think has the best chance to win is about the clearest picture you could paint of a herd mentality. 

15 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

We have what you want in the form of primaries.  Multiple candidates compete for the nomination and you’re welcome to vote for any you like.  Trump is proof that it works.  He never had the support of the party establishment  yet enough citizens supported him to win.  I didn’t say anybody should vote for the candidate who has the best chance to win, did I?  I said:  “ I’ll vote for the candidate who most closely aligns with my desires and has a chance to win.”

No, conversely you said voting for someone who you think doesn’t have a chance to win removes the voice. I say that’s wrong.  

On the Trump example, why do you think he spent his life as a democrat….admittingly….but then when he decided he wanted to be President, he made a decision to become the original RINO. Why didn’t he run as an independent????

(Hint: he told us why….and still fooled enough people… the first time).  

No, conversely you said voting for someone who you think doesn’t have a chance to win removes the voice. I say that’s wrong.  

It’s a sure way to have your voice ignored.  

On the Trump example, why do you think he spent his life as a democrat….admittingly….but then when he decided he wanted to be President, he made a decision to become the original RINO. Why didn’t he run as an independent????

(Hint: he told us why….and still fooled enough people… the first time).  

Your derangement syndrome is getting the best of you.  Trump didn’t choose the Republicans, the Republican voters chose him, out of about sixteen candidates.  And many who thought he was a fake were surprised when he did what he said he’d do.  Proving the voters had chosen wisely. 

Edited by Offthemat

42 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

It’s a sure way to have your voice ignored.  And how has ignoring me been working out for you this morning??

Your derangement syndrome is getting the best of you.

First you were getting emotional, now you’re getting personal.  Wonder why that could be?  We’ve reached ‘that’ stage in the conversation. 

Have a good day.  

14 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Too many people vote against their own best interest,

this is the problem.. the people WHO DO vote for the best interest are emulating the senators.

this is why we are where we are...

JFK asked.. what can you do for your country?

vote in your own best interest is asking: what can my country do for me?