Flo: Russia is Boycotting 2024 Paris Games

The difference was that by the time of the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan (justified or not), the US had their ducks in a row.  They built an international coalition to support the invasions.
Russia had... Belarus.  Yes, China, Iran NK, have come into the fold, but that took a bit of time.  At the beginning, even Switzerland opposed the invasion!

You’d be amazed at the number of countries that had like 1 or 2 guys “working” on ops floors in Afghanistan.

Nothing like playing a game of “What country is that?” while eating your dinner-to-go in an IDF bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Le duke said:

You’d be amazed at the number of countries that had like 1 or 2 guys “working” on ops floors in Afghanistan.

Nothing like playing a game of “What country is that?” while eating your dinner-to-go in an IDF bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember there was even discussion of Japan and Germany sending assistance of sorts.

BUt yeah, you don't get kicked out of the Olympics if you have assembled a coalition of dozens and dozens before your military action.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

I've tried to locate information about the recent BRICS games and it's wrestling tournament. So far: I know there was a BRICS games, and I know some people wrestled. 

From what I've read, it was staged in Russia, the Russians sent an army of athletes, and about 79 countries sent at least one participant, with ally Belarus sending a bunch. Brazil as well.

It seems that their challenge to the Olympic Games went about as well as their challenge to the US dollar.

17 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I've tried to locate information about the recent BRICS games and it's wrestling tournament. So far: I know there was a BRICS games, and I know some people wrestled. 

From what I've read, it was staged in Russia, the Russians sent an army of athletes, and about 79 countries sent at least one participant, with ally Belarus sending a bunch. Brazil as well.

It seems that their challenge to the Olympic Games went about as well as their challenge to the US dollar.

Quite possibly the worst website ever, but the results can be found here with much effort:

https://results.bricskazan2024.games/schedules

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

23 hours ago, The Kid said:

Why?  Israel had occupied Gaza for over 70 years. Now they want to kill every Paladtian there. 

Israel has bombed Gaza, Syria, Lebanon, and Yemen.  Why do they get a free  pass 

NATO violated the peace treaty with Russia, the Minsk Accords.  Russia doesn't want NATO on their border with nuclear missiles.  Just like we wouldn't want Russian nukes in Mexico and Canada.

But yeah, Putin is going to take over Europe. 

You believe this US propaganda? 

HOW MANY LIES WILL YOU ACCEPT AS TRUTH? 

I know several people in the IDF.

The stories they've told about what they saw shows the animals Hamas is.

What Hamas did on 10/7 cannot be explained, let alone justified.

Young Israeli girls  were kidnapped and designated for "rape".

Many of these young women were raped multiple times, then murdered.

Babies were tortured and then murdered.

If they were lucky they were killed quickly.

As far as genocide, look up the definition.

Babies were tortured and then murdered.

If Israel was practicing genocide they would have gone into Gaza with the

intent of killing everyone, using weapons like cluster bombs.

Then after they attacked they would have "mopped up" by killing anyone they

found alive.

5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Quite possibly the worst website ever, but the results can be found here with much effort:

https://results.bricskazan2024.games/schedules

Amazing find! 

I've never tried one of those "Escape Rooms" they have for tourists in Myrtle Beach, but I imagine these are the types of puzzles that you have to figure out to escape. When I hit translate on the link you provided, the first sport that came up was "Acrobatic Rock 'n' Roll." 

On other days, they had "Football biathlon" and "Chess." 

On June 22 and 23, they held "Breaking" competitions. So, the BRICS Games are as corrupt and indolent as their capitalist-pig Olympic Games counterpart! And what is this on June 14: "Synchronized swimming. Solo - free program"?

The Russian wrestlers competing at Olympic weights included Anzor Zankuev at 74kg, Malik Shavaev at 86kg, Bady Maadyr Samdan at 97kg, Abasgadzhi Magomedov at 65kg, Ramiz Gamzatov at 57kg. Looks like a "B" team to me. 

Thanks!

I know that the ILLINI RTC has deep ties with wrestlers in Russia; Ermak Kardanov is a former Russian training there, and Coach Medlin has come out opposed to the decision to block Russia from the Olympics. Heck, there are old social media pictures of IRTC guys hanging with Sidakov and other Russian champions. But, when you threaten nuclear holocaust to the organizing city, you might not get invited.