BFTP: Batirov

I have his reoccurring dream in which M. Batirov beats the shit out of me. The dream always replays some version of the eye-gouge sequence in the Abas Olympic final (@3:30 in the vid below) with me in the role of Gloucester ... " Out vile jelly!" I don't think there' s any reason to summon a medium to get Jung or Lacan on the line as the meaning is pretty clear: I had a diminutive but savage step- dad -- yada yada yada -- years of self- loathing ensue. Any way, I have a question:

If this Abas / Batirov match happened outside a bar at 2 am in street clothes, who much time do you think Batirov would have served? He messed that dude up.

Ps if any of you have a link to the full match, could you post it? I need closure so I can get rid of this dream.

Edited by jackwebster

was just listening to yianni mention how Batirov is his favorite wrestler. That time period with him and satiev hitting metzegers and cross ankle pics must have been a spectacle to behold. It feels like the Russian style has changed to a lot more outside steps and not going underneath guys quite as much.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

was just listening to yianni mention how Batirov is his favorite wrestler. That time period with him and satiev hitting metzegers and cross ankle pics must have been a spectacle to behold. It feels like the Russian style has changed to a lot more outside steps and not going underneath guys quite as much.

What year was it they hit fireman carries all over the place and won a ton of golds? Not too far back….

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

not going underneath guys quite as much.

Obviously saitiev could be as technical as he wanted to be, e.g. vs Fundora where he footsweeps his ass to his back and then gets up and dances the chechnuri. But, he just as often was like f-it, dived in on a leg, and figured it out from there, e.g. the second period of the match vs the Cuban.

Edit: I forgot how the crowd was straight up laughing at Fundora during the "chechnuri" sequence after the foot sweep.

Edited by jackwebster
  • Bob 1

10 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

That time period with him and satiev hitting metzegers and cross ankle pics must have been a spectacle to behold.

Their top work was just as scary: Saitiev with that "west point" and Batirov with that modified tulsa-ride-lookin' gut thing, known in medical circles as the "labrum-ectomy." Brutal. 

• Bob 1

The scariest Batirov I ever saw was in this mujahedin vid of him in the woods wrestling some dude in full camo fatigues inside a a circle of armed dudes in full camo fatigues with a pistol going to the winner. . .  I got my school account flagged for watching that one. I'm not looking for it again. 

• Bob 1

3 hours ago, jackwebster said:

Obviously saitiev could be as technical as he wanted to be, e.g. vs Fundora where he footsweeps his ass to his back and then gets up and dances the chechnuri. But, he just as often was like f-it, dived in on a leg, and figured it out from there, e.g. the second period of the match vs the Cuban.

Edit: I forgot how the crowd was straight up laughing at Fundora during the "chechnuri" sequence after the foot sweep.

that limp arm out of the underhook on the edge while he slips that leg in on the far side is so perfectly timed, I had to watch it like 4 times.

• Bob 1