2024 Russian nationals results

Shavaev got robbed, the last call was atrociously bad.  

I wonder when Sidakov/Naifonov will beat Zakuev/Kadiev to go to the Olympics.  I don't see either wrestler taking their place.

• Fire 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KingOtoguro said:

Shavaev got robbed, the last call was atrociously bad.  

I wonder when Sidakov/Naifonov will beat Zakuev/Kadiev to go to the Olympics.  I don't see either wrestler taking their place.

let's see. Kadiev was impressive at that championships. I dont think that Zakuev will be on wrestle-off with Sidakov 

Edited by Radik of themat.com forums

6 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Is Sads still a little banged up? How do you like his chances with Taz?

Nice to see Khuzin back.

he looked much better physically (thought he looked kinda fat at worlds) there was not a ton of exchanges in the match though he gave up 4 going for a chest wrap and then kinda chipped away. Both guys seemed super tired at the end though in a match that was not wrestled at a high pace so not super inspiring imo Taz would still be my pick and he looked beatable for Snyder as well to me imo. I do think its very likely that Sadulaev is closer to his early 30's than his late 20's though so something like this could be expected. I know there was a lot of steam about him being a few years older than he was listed early on in his career.

• Bob 2

Wow you are right.   Both were gassed at the end.   Sad was not sharp offensively, but was in counter wrestling.   And in defense he was able to block and scramble.   But he did not look near as sharp as the Sad of yesteryears.  

Thanks for providing the video.   That was fun to watch.

mspart