If a pushout rule were implemented next year how does the team race change?

Does a new team rise to the top because they're better at pushing guys out?  The obvious thought is Iowa moves up to the top.  Does a team that likes to play the edge (Arizona State, NC State) fall down a few spots?

Or does not much change?

At the watch party I was at last weekend, all I heard was "if they'd add a push out Rule it would stop this "sh#t!"  Successful teams would adapt as they have for scrambling "spaghetti" wrestling.  Traditionalist will argue, but I think it would be better for the sport and prepare talent for the international level.

4 minutes ago, MidwestMan said:

At the watch party I was at last weekend, all I heard was "if they'd add a push out Rule it would stop this "sh#t!"  Successful teams would adapt as they have for scrambling "spaghetti" wrestling.  Traditionalist will argue, but I think it would be better for the sport and prepare talent for the international level.

Guess I should have made this comment under the "Do we need a push out rule" topic!  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Does a new team rise to the top because they're better at pushing guys out?  The obvious thought is Iowa moves up to the top.  Does a team that likes to play the edge (Arizona State, NC State) fall down a few spots?

Or does not much change?

Not much change to the team race imo but I suspect it will force these wrestlers into much more offense.

5 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Not much change to the team race imo but I suspect it will force these wrestlers into much more offense.

Will it though?  Wrestlers who play the edge will just circle back in bounds.  And wrestlers may just try to push each other to score points rather than taking shots.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Will it though?  Wrestlers who play the edge will just circle back in bounds.  And wrestlers may just try to push each other to score points rather than taking shots.

Let’s focus on keeping them inside the ring first then look for more improvements down the road. I still believe this will result in more points.

Edited by Rassling

6 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Let’s focus on keeping them inside the ring first then look for more improvements down the road. I still believe this will result in more points.

There may be more points (due to pushouts) but does it lead to more takedowns, backpoints, reversals, etc?