NIL/transfer portal is the ONLY way other teams can compete with Penn State

Now I know you're saying "But wait, Penn State had 3 guys start that came via the transfer portal in Nagao, Mesenbrink, and Truax!"  That's true, but take away their NCAA points (3 for Nagao, 12.5 for Truax and 19.5 for Mesenbrink; a total of 35) and project the points scored by their replacements and Penn State still would have won...maybe by 70 or 80 points instead of 100.

Now look at teams that placed in the top 5 and look and their transfer contribution.  Would Michigan have taken home a trophy without NIL/transfer portal?  They had Deaugustino, Cannon (hurt), Gomez, Griffith and Davison --- all transfers.  Would Iowa have placed top 5 without Teske, Woods, Franek and Caliendo?  I don't think so.

See Penn State is getting so many blue chip recruits out of high school that the only way EVERYONE ELSE can compete is to use the transfer portal to buy proven talent that other teams have recruited/developed.

Take away NIL/transfer portal and the gulf between Penn State and everyone else only grows larger.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Now I know you're saying "But wait, Penn State had 3 guys start that came via the transfer portal in Nagao, Mesenbrink, and Truax!"  That's true, but take away their NCAA points (3 for Nagao, 12.5 for Truax and 19.5 for Mesenbrink; a total of 35) and project the points scored by their replacements and Penn State still would have won...maybe by 70 or 80 points instead of 100.

Now look at teams that placed in the top 5 and look and their transfer contribution.  Would Michigan have taken home a trophy without NIL/transfer portal?  They had Deaugustino, Cannon (hurt), Gomez, Griffith and Davison --- all transfers.  Would Iowa have placed top 5 without Teske, Woods, Franek and Caliendo?  I don't think so.

See Penn State is getting so many blue chip recruits out of high school that the only way EVERYONE ELSE can compete is to use the transfer portal to buy proven talent that other teams have recruited/developed.

Take away NIL/transfer portal and the gulf between Penn State and everyone else only grows larger.

You’re never know it by this year’s results