B1G Tournament Brackets are here

2 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Rocco Welsh will get a title someday.

I watched him here locally (WPIAL) where, of course, he was a stud, and got picked up by Ohio State.  But I'm always shy about predicting big success at the next level because, hey, sometimes it is just that the guy is wrestling high school boys, and up a level everybody is a man.  But he continues to impress.  I hope he keeps it up and has a great career although, ahem, I wish he were wrestling in PA.  

• Brain 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, lightweight said:

I watched him here locally (WPIAL) where, of course, he was a stud, and got picked up by Ohio State.  But I'm always shy about predicting big success at the next level because, hey, sometimes it is just that the guy is wrestling high school boys, and up a level everybody is a man.  But he continues to impress.  I hope he keeps it up and has a great career although, ahem, I wish he were wrestling in PA.  

I am with you on your POV, but he has transitioned great at this level.

12 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Rocco Welsh will get a title someday.

His problem is that he wrestles for tOSU, and Casey Cunningham's kid looks like he might be a pretty decent 174-184 some day. The son of the "strongest man in the world" and the literal strongest woman in the world.

• Clown 2

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

How about this for a growth spurt.  In high school Zach Glazier placed 4th at 126 pounds his freshman year.  Won the state title as a senior at 182

That sounds very Zahid-esque! 

2 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

How about this for a growth spurt.  In high school Zach Glazier placed 4th at 126 pounds his freshman year.  Won the state title as a senior at 182

Thats almost as big as my gut spurt over covid lockdown

Edited by NormMacDonald
  • Haha 1

Just now, NM1965 said:

That sounds very Zahid-esque! 

It happens.  I remember Greg Jones as a 103 pounder freshman year to 160 as a senior.  Finished his college career at 184

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Amazing

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

It happens.  I remember Greg Jones as a 103 pounder freshman year to 160 as a senior.  Finished his college career at 184

In high school a teammate wrestled 119 as a junior.  He had to cut like crazy to get there.  He wrestled 189 senior year.  The weight gain was all gut.  He'd rub it during weigh ins to lull his opponents into a false sense of security.  It was hilarious every time. 

• Wrestle 1