Big 10 Pre Seeds!!

On 3/5/2024 at 8:57 AM, Caveira said:

Rumor is that Schriver was entered then pulled and teske was entered late…. I guess if you enter late you are the 14 seed?

I understand that there has to be some penalty for a late entry, but giving the wrestler the 14th seed is just stupid.  It can screw up the whole bracket if that seed is way off, and it has the potential to royally screw the #3 seed who should ostensibly be wrestling the worst guy on the bracket in the first round.

(Sorry, just saw that whole other thread about this.)

Edited by KCMO2

15 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

I understand that there has to be some penalty for a late entry, but giving the wrestler the 14th seed is just stupid.  It can screw up the whole bracket if that seed is way off, and it has the potential to royally screw the #3 seed who should ostensibly be wrestling the worst guy on the bracket in the first round.

(Sorry, just saw that whole other thread about this.)

Didn’t say I agreed with it per se.  

as a side note.  With all the bash tnt at all costs people on this board.   Wasn't the prescient already set that the pre seed would be re seeded last year?  This imo (I have 0 insider info) wasn’t a coach not knowing or following the rules.  Just trying to delay the wrestle off as long as possible and if you have to submit another name a re seed would occur.  

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

Didn’t say I agreed with it per se.  

as a side note.  With all the bash tnt at all costs people on this board.   Wasn't the prescient already set that the pre seed would be re seeded last year?  This imo (I have 0 insider info) wasn’t a coach not knowing or following the rules.  Just trying to delay the wrestle off as long as possible and if you have to submit another name a re seed would occur.  

He makes it pretty clear in his press conference that he did not know the criteria for requesting a coaches' vote on re-seeding.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge