What did the Maryland coach say to Cunningham?

One guess (just speculation): he was still angry at how long the Beau Bartlett TD was allowed to play out in the first period.  He seemed to be livid earlier in the match about that.  The tie up lasted a very long time and the ref did not call a stalemate.  But that, of course, wasn't Cunningham's fault.

Who knows?  Any lip readers out there?

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

My theory was that he was pissed at Starocci refusing to score a TD to try and get in the pin instead?

That's possible. He might have seen it as akin to "running up the score" against a weak or defeated opponent in other sports and a form of humiliation.  Starocci is, however, in the top 2 for the Hodge and one, of course, needs pins in a close race.

Edited by SocraTease

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm hearing that the MD coach said something to the effect "No, you don't have to pin" and was angry that Penn State was pinning his wrestlers.

Why don't you just read the thread where all of this was discussed already?

Rhetorical question. I already know the answer.

• Fire 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

3 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

That's possible. He might have seen it as akin to "running up the score" against a weak or defeated opponent in other sports and a form of humiliation.  Starocci is, however, in the top 2 for the Hodge and one, of course, needs pins in a close race.

If he was angry about how the Starocci match played out, he shouldn't have sent his guy out there.  The kid was begging to get TF'd, and it was a bit embarrassing.  And, I loved how Cael basically blew him off, had no time for that BS.

• Fire 1