How's About We Keep Upping The Stupid, Eh, Friends?

Ban Basketball

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

Well,  I think the better question is this: which news source(s) should I use to get this accurate information?

I love learning,  so please share. 

None that I've found.  Sites like these are promising, and then you look; the most unbiased news is still biased when you read it.   https://www.allsides.com/media-bias  

Just the facts are unprofitable.

One must read the shit on both sides and form their own opinion.

• Fire 1

What is the left's comparison to Project Veritas?  It's biased to the right.  It uses real video recordings of people to support its journalism.  Everywhere I read about PV stories on social media, there is a leftist army that is completely dismissive of what their eyes see.

2 hours ago, Nailbender said:

Happy Excuse Me GIF

If you recall, my argument is that there is not an unbiased source for news. Why on earth would you think I'd have an answer to your question?

Shirley you can't be serious.

So,  in other words,  there's no truth then,  correct? No way for us to learn accurately what is happening in our world,  right?

• Confused 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

34 minutes ago, jross said:

What is the left's comparison to Project Veritas?  It's biased to the right.  It uses real video recordings of people to support its journalism.  Everywhere I read about PV stories on social media, there is a leftist army that is completely dismissive of what their eyes see.

This one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas

Project Veritas is an American far-right activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010. The group produces deceptively edited videos of its undercover operations, which use secret recordings in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups. Project Veritas also uses entrapment to generate bad publicity for its targets, and has propagated disinformation and conspiracy theories in its videos and operations.

And you're proud of this?

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm not gonna argue with you if you want to keep your head in the sand.

it's widely known and accepted. do a simple google search ffs.

look up a list of the ridiculous grad course offerings and course descriptions.

and there are a gazillion videos / news stories about bonkers professors spouting and assigning nonsense. 

and ultimately - i lived it. in multiple programs at multiple universities with multiple professors, grad school roommates, cohorts and friends. 

Well,  if this is so,  and it enrages you so,  then work to get them fired and their courses removed. 

If not, then learn to relax because a differing thought is being shared.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

43 minutes ago, jross said:

None that I've found.  Sites like these are promising, and then you look; the most unbiased news is still biased when you read it.   https://www.allsides.com/media-bias  

Just the facts are unprofitable.

One must read the shit on both sides and form their own opinion.

Baloney. I get my who, what,  why,  where,  when,  and how REPORTED to me with no editorial three full times each day. 

38 minutes ago, jross said:

I'm incredibly grateful for PV and its findings, regardless of their deceptive methods in achieving it.

Have you read what the Wikipedia founder says about Wikipedia bias being far-left?

Larry Sanger is a crank extraordinaire.

http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11430

Be careful about the sources you use to try to impeach a neutral article.

So,  in other words,  there's no truth then,  correct? No way for us to learn accurately what is happening in our world,  right?

I don't believe any of that to be true.

You've mentioned multiple times that you have a great source of news that gives you just the facts with no bias. You've even mentioned it to multiple people. I simply asked what that news source was. Refusing to answer my question while being so adamant about having an answer is a frustrating and ridiculous way to have a conversation.

Just admit that you get great unbiased news and also a free tote bag with your donation and get it over with.

9 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

I don't believe any of that to be true.

You've mentioned multiple times that you have a great source of news that gives you just the facts with no bias. You've even mentioned it to multiple people. I simply asked what that news source was. Refusing to answer my question while being so adamant about having an answer is a frustrating and ridiculous way to have a conversation.

Just admit that you get great unbiased news and also a free tote bag with your donation and get it over with.

Yet, you continue to say that there is no journalism free of reporting bias. 

Journalists disagree. 

56 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

They would.

Prove me wrong. Give me someplace I can go for unbiased news?

Baloney.  A friend of mine was one for 33 years and he would speak of the reprimands that would come his way if he wasn't simply reporting the facts.

Here's one of my three sources of REPORTED news that I get each day.  If your local news isn't just reported to you then it's pretty bad news. In just this segment, (1)  please enlighten me as to the bias that only you see, and (2) tell me how this guy votes (one claim that you made that you can tell how someone votes).  Note that I also deliberately chose a political segment.

https://www.kwwl.com/video/michigan-expected-to-replace-iowa-caucuses-as-first-nominating-spot-for-democrats-in-2024/video_778aa8ec-9e23-541c-b3e7-99b47b0ff2ad.html

Edited by Ban Basketball

Here's another from my local news.  Where do you see bias, and, second, how does this guy vote?

https://www.kwwl.com/video/governor-reynolds-announces-20-million-in-housing-developments/video_99310614-d062-50a3-8e3c-1c33d14628f5.html

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

Perhaps you could show how PV's article is incorrect?

My previous research didn't clarify the PV article, and I'll look later.  When researching that story originally and today, an overwhelming amount of stories focus on how PV is deceptive and skip the part of what is revealed.  They describe how PV gets footage and interviews through deceptive practices (lying about who they are and what they believe in).  They carry over that deceptive behavior to wrongly label PV's material as phony.  If you look past how PV gets their videos and listen to leftists tell their own story, I hope it repulses you.  As PV has grown in popularity, they are getting more whistleblowers telling the story, which is different from getting materials through deception.

2 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Baloney.  A friend of mine was one for 33 years and he would speak of the reprimands that would come his way if he wasn't simply reporting the facts.

Here's one of my three sources of REPORTED news that I get each day.  If your local news isn't just reported to you then it's pretty bad news. In just this segment, (1)  please enlighten me as to the bias that only you see, and (2) tell me how this guy votes (one claim that you made that you can tell how someone votes).  Note that I also deliberately chose a political segment.

https://www.kwwl.com/video/michigan-expected-to-replace-iowa-caucuses-as-first-nominating-spot-for-democrats-in-2024/video_778aa8ec-9e23-541c-b3e7-99b47b0ff2ad.html

Mr. Basketball.

The front page has several articles that are simply reporting the facts, as you say.  There is also a biased article coming from the CNN Wire.

https://www.kwwl.com/news/national/hate-speech-dramatically-surges-on-twitter-following-elon-musk-takeover-new-research-shows/article_909eb974-60ba-52e9-a1d3-9f13b16b1ec1.html

image.thumb.png.bca6068f65932270c5754f38023947bd.png

I never claimed to see bias in every or any specific news clip or reporter. (Except for Stephen Colbert but I don't think anyone would call him a journalist.)

Should I take this to mean NBC is your trusted daily news source?

9 minutes ago, jross said:

Mr. Basketball.

The front page has several articles that are simply reporting the facts, as you say.  There is also a biased article coming from the CNN Wire.

https://www.kwwl.com/news/national/hate-speech-dramatically-surges-on-twitter-following-elon-musk-takeover-new-research-shows/article_909eb974-60ba-52e9-a1d3-9f13b16b1ec1.html

image.thumb.png.bca6068f65932270c5754f38023947bd.png

I wasn't talking about the CNN article, and NOT where I go to get my news REPORTED to me.  That's what I keep saying.

5 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

I never claimed to see bias in every or any specific news clip or reporter. (Except for Stephen Colbert but I don't think anyone would call him a journalist.)

Should I take this to mean NBC is your trusted daily news source?

Yes you did say that, for God's sake!  You've been saying ALL ALONG that there is no news that is not biased, not reported without bias, and that ALL journalists would disagree with me that they are taught to report without bias.

Who, what, where, when, why, and how.  Remember?

Good, God, are you dishonest!

5 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Yes you did say that, for God's sake!  You've been saying ALL ALONG that there is no news that is not biased, not reported without bias, and that ALL journalists would disagree with me that they are taught to report without bias.

Who, what, where, when, why, and how.  Remember?

Good, God, are you dishonest!

You need to reread. Slowly.

I've said all news has bias. Over and over until I'm wondering why I'm arguing with someone who clearly should find a news source they trust and stick to it because they have the reasoning skills of my couch.

What stories did KWWL NOT cover so they could cover the stories you posted? That's bias.

How much space on their homepage did they use to promote those stories compared to others? That too is human beings influencing what you read because they feel it ranks higher in importance. That's bias.

How much time did they spend on that story compared to the other stories they covered? That shows bias.

These bias's are unavoidable. They're on Fox and MSNBC and every other source. Which is why if you get all your news from the same place, you're a fool. 

I haven't even touched on any bias's in the reporting itself but it's there too. Asking me to show you bias in cherry picked news stories by you, now that's dishonest and you know it. Unfortunately for you, I did it anyway.

I'm done with this troll job of yours for today. 

19 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

You need to reread. Slowly.

I've said all news has bias. Over and over until I'm wondering why I'm arguing with someone who clearly should find a news source they trust and stick to it because they have the reasoning skills of my couch.

What stories did KWWL NOT cover so they could cover the stories you posted? That's bias.

How much space on their homepage did they use to promote those stories compared to others? That too is human beings influencing what you read because they feel it ranks higher in importance. That's bias.

How much time did they spend on that story compared to the other stories they covered? That shows bias.

These bias's are unavoidable. They're on Fox and MSNBC and every other source. Which is why if you get all your news from the same place, you're a fool. 

I haven't even touched on any bias's in the reporting itself but it's there too. Asking me to show you bias in cherry picked news stories by you, now that's dishonest and you know it. Unfortunately for you, I did it anyway.

I'm done with this troll job of yours for today. 

Ouch!

My original post about bias.

"Regarding the news,  in specific,  baloney. If you watch reported news,  that sticks to the old dictum of who,  what,  why,  where,  when,  and how you will not see "bias" surface in such news.  That's the ONLY news that is worthy to me.

Someone once said- and it holds true for me- that if you can't clearly determine how a reporter votes, then you are getting neutral,  reported news."

All your words, sir.

"Bias in news is unavoidable."

"Good luck finding news like described. It's very rare or doesn't even exist. If you think you found it, it just means you found your echo chamber. "They can't be biased, they agree with me and talk about all the stories I care about!""

"Maybe if you can't tell how they vote, it's because your powers of perception just aren't that strong. Your perception of the news you watch has exactly zero to do with it's accuracy or bias. It sounded good though. "

Later, more of my words.

"Really!? I've been tuning into reported news my whole life- I'm probably older than you are- and I find it three times daily. 

Talk to an actual trained journalist some time about who,  what,  where,  when,  why,  and how.  They can easily inform you how it works and that it is what their job depends on."

All your words, sir.

"Please, by all means share this noble and perfect news source so that I too can drink from the fountain of truth and knowledge."

"If you recall, my argument is that there is not an unbiased source for news. Why on earth would you think I'd have an answer to your question?

Shirley you can't be serious."

"You've mentioned multiple times that you have a great source of news that gives you just the facts with no bias. You've even mentioned it to multiple people. I simply asked what that news source was. Refusing to answer my question while being so adamant about having an answer is a frustrating and ridiculous way to have a conversation."  (I've since provided it, and now you're caught!).

"They would." (Regarding if journalists disagree that news cannot be reported without bias).

"Prove me wrong. Give me someplace I can go for unbiased news?"

"I never claimed to see bias in every or any specific news clip or reporter. (Except for Stephen Colbert but I don't think anyone would call him a journalist.)"