Brandon Eggum Extended through 2025-26

10 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

That was the golden era that everyone remembers, but it wasn't until his 11th year that J finished higher than 7th place at NCAA and his first 7 seasons, he had slightly lower dual winning percentage than Eggum's tenure.  Nothing against J but people only remember the good years.  The truth is in today's era the teams that have the biggest donors will be the ones that win.  

7th place is an accomplishment now 

27 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

2016 Pfarr and Kroells
2017 Thorn Kroells Pfarr Lizak
2018 Lizak
2019 Skatzka Lizak McKee
2021 Brayton McKee
2022 Bergeland McKee
2023 Blockhus Nagao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So werent 2016-2018 J Robs recruits?  And weren’t  Skatza and Blockhus transfers? 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 minute ago, poorwrestler said:

Idk man it’s just the list you asked for. Do with it what you will.

You can’t answer the question?  I asked the question for a reason. 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 minute ago, jchapman said:

Don’t act like running a clean program has. nothing to do with Eggum’s extension.

And Bono’s success. How long did Jrob run a clean program???? How long has Bono?? 

Edited by JimmyBT

Now answer another one. How many quality wrestlers committed, signed and them transferred lately. 

Uhhhh 4 I believe. I think you missed the part where I was never arguing in favor of Eggum. I literally just gave you a list lol. I’m not a huge Eggum fan by any means.

1 minute ago, poorwrestler said:

Uhhhh 4 I believe. I think you missed the part where I was never arguing in favor of Eggum. I literally just gave you a list lol. I’m not a huge Eggum fan by any means.

I never said you were arguing for anything 

2 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

An extension through only '25-26 is a pretty small contract, almost inconsequential. Seems like a move by the Minny AD to keep Eggum on a short leash.

Payment for Gable. 

44 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

2016 Pfarr and Kroells
2017 Thorn Kroells Pfarr Lizak
2018 Lizak
2019 Skatzka Lizak McKee
2021 Brayton McKee
2022 Bergeland McKee
2023 Blockhus Nagao

Eggum may still be getting his arms around NIL and the transfer portal. Is there a list of guys who transferred out or that he should've landed?

My expert math tells me that, Minny lost Nagao and didn't sign Kerk, but Baylor Fernandes transferred so that's a net positive for Minny 😄

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Eggum may still be getting his arms around NIL and the transfer portal. Is there a list of guys who transferred out or that he should've landed?

My expert math tells me that, Minny lost Nagao and didn't sign Kerk, but Baylor Fernandes transferred so that's a net positive for Minny 😄

Expert math. Lol. That’s funny right there 

46 minutes ago, GoGopher said:

It’s always funny how the staff never gets any credit for Gable’s accomplishments. The relationship and trust built with Gable was crucial to his development. The growth he made from his true freshman season throughout his career is pretty impressive. Yes we all know Gable was a phenomenal recruit, but they certainly developed him.

#9 recruiting class is redshirting and #3 recruiting class in coming in next year. A top recruit committed in class of 2025. Help is on the way.

Name me the one recruit in those two classes that should be tabbed to be a national champion like Gable Steveson was coming out of high school. 

Name me the one recruit in those two classes that should be tabbed to be a national champion like Gable Steveson was coming out of high school. 

There are very few if any recruits on Gable’s level. He won an Olympic gold while still in college lol.

I think McEnelly and Hopke are both capable of winning a title some day though. But not Gables level.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

There are very few if any recruits on Gable’s level. He won an Olympic gold while still in college lol.

I think McEnelly and Hopke are both capable of winning a title some day though. But not Gables level.

Gable was expected. 

:Hopke and McEnelly are capable for sure. 

Top recruits from each of those classes.

#4 overall recruit in class of 2023 Max MacEnelly, Cadet Bronze World Medalist. Undefeated on his redshirt year so far. Couple nationally ranked wins.

#4 overall recruit class of 2024 Koy Hopke, Cadet World Champion.

First time bringing in back to back top 5 recruits since the mid 2000’s.

18 minutes ago, GoGopher said:

Top recruits from each of those classes.

#4 overall recruit in class of 2023 Max MacEnelly, Cadet Bronze World Medalist. Undefeated on his redshirt year so far. Couple nationally ranked wins.

#4 overall recruit class of 2024 Koy Hopke, Cadet World Champion.

First time bringing in back to back top 5 recruits since the mid 2000’s.

McEnelly just had some close wins against average to decent college  wrestlers and Hopke just lost to a HS HWT that he dominated previously. Did gable lose in HS after 8th grade?  Did the other two lose during  their senior years ??! 

Edited by JimmyBT