Austin Gomez

Gus

29 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I would agree that he wasn't at his best.... a healthy, ready to go Gomez will be fun. Michigan put themselves into the #2 spot IMO. 

I think they are in the thick of 2-5.

I think Iowa is going to get everyone back.  I think Ohio State could sneak int here if Sasso comes back this season (he only would he he thought he were going to contend I think).  I think NC State, Mizzou, VTech, even Iowa State will put their names in the hat as well.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

NCAA Finals

I think it's basically 50/50 if he gets put the same size as USA.

If he is opposite he has a very good chance, unless Cuba decides to send someone... they are always tough.

Here's one for you, too... he has a win over Johnny D.  IF Johnny D challenges Lee and wins.  I am not penciling him as a guarantee at Pan Ams.  Gomez already has beaten him, albeit in Folkstyle.

Edited by nhs67

14 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Wait a sec fanboy - Whose singlet was Lamer wearing when he got lucky and pinned a diminished Gomez?

Michigan.  What does that have to do with anything?  Gomez could be wrestling for Arizona State and I would have formed the same opinion.  It isn't rocket surgery.

• Haha 1

Gomez is obviously a title contender.

The only team race is for spots 2-4.

Whether the  road to the Olympics or NCAA Finals is easier it probably depends on his draw at Pan Ams.    If he gets on USA side, then NCAA Finals is more likely.  If not, then Olympics is more likely.    If we are saying better odds, then NCAA finals as that has a higher probability regardless of his Oly qualifer draws. 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I think it's basically 50/50 if he gets put the same size as USA.

If he is opposite he has a very good chance, unless Cuba decides to send someone... they are always tough.

Here's one for you, too... he has a win over Johnny D.  IF Johnny D challenges Lee and wins.  I am not penciling him as a guarantee at Pan Ams.  Gomez already has beaten him, albeit in Folkstyle.

Destribats also. 

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Destribats also. 

I think Destribats has gone Oh-fer against USA gents and ex-gents since decking the Zain Train (which he was not going to win that match had he not decked him).

19 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think Destribats has gone Oh-fer against USA gents and ex-gents since decking the Zain Train (which he was not going to win that match had he not decked him).

Maybe so, but he almost had Yianni beat last year. He is dangerous nonetheless. The Cuban, Valdes is very good also. It helps Gomez that Seabass has already qualified the weight and doesn't need to compete there. Not saying he doesn't have the ability to beat Seabass but he would be an underdog and it would be another landmine. 

• Fire 2

19 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Is Gomez still banged up from last season? I can't remember what his injury was. 

Also where can I get a SEAN BORMET IS MY HOMEBOY tshirt?

He didn't appear to be banged up at Worlds.  Nick Lee is just a different tier of animal right now.

• Fire 1