Highest Placing Freshman at Each Weight

steamboat_charlie

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

I don’t know think he will outplace Crookham or Bouzakis, in fact I don’t even know if the gophers will pull his shirt this year, but true Freshman Tyler Wells at 133 will make some serious noise as soon as he is a starter. Toughest kid he wrestled at the Bison Open was Derrick Cardinal who he tech’d. I think he’s capable of making the blood round right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wells is the 4xer that was going to go D2 and decided at the last minute to go to Minnesota, correct? If so, looks like he made the correct decision. 

• Fire 1

Wells is the 4xer that was going to go D2 and decided at the last minute to go to Minnesota, correct? If so, looks like he made the correct decision. 

Yep. I’m very glad to have him. Some locals would say he’s the best high school wrestler in MN history which is saying something from a state that had Gable Steveson, Mark Hall, Destin McCauley etc.

I think he only had one HS loss and almost 200 wins. Just stopped attending any tournaments outside of the regular HS season at an early age so fell off most national radars.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

I don’t know think he will outplace Crookham or Bouzakis, in fact I don’t even know if the gophers will pull his shirt this year, but true Freshman Tyler Wells at 133 will make some serious noise as soon as he is a starter. Toughest kid he wrestled at the Bison Open was Derrick Cardinal who he tech’d. I think he’s capable of making the blood round right now.

Interesting.  Will keep an eye on him.  

19 minutes ago, feet2back said:

Same guy that was too Big Time to even take a visit to his Home State University and him and his coach mocked RU on social media about it...He hasn't done anything and was 1-2 in B division at tournament after 4 years in State College to start this season...He only won 2 NJ Titles but him and Coach acted like he was one of NJ's Best HS Wrestler ever?....Haha

Well he was a Cadet world champ so I think his prowess coming out of HS was warranted.

2 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Yep. I’m very glad to have him. Some locals would say he’s the best high school wrestler in MN history which is saying something from a state that had Gable Steveson, Mark Hall, Destin McCauley etc.

I think he only had one HS loss and almost 200 wins. Just stopped attending any tournaments outside of the regular HS season at an early age so fell off most national radars.

He did wrestle at Fargo between his 10th and 11th grade (120 FS 16U) beating people like Zan Fugitt, Daniel Zepeda, Dalton Perry, and Kael Lauridsen to take 3rd.

Won U-15 World Gold prior to 9th grade year.

• Fire 1