The fringe have the power and they rule by psychological dysfunction (pathocracy)

jross

Just now, jross said:

There are situations where I agree with "medical procedures" and am thankful for the physician services, and there are situations where the doctor's action fulfills a selfish mother's choice.  The latter is ethically wrong from both the mother and physician... and I vote locally accordingly.

Then it's not homicide.  So,  stop calling it that. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 9/21/2023 at 12:45 PM, jross said:

...these two seem relevant: 1,655 cases (article one - Diaz/Bailey) and 256 cases (article 2 - Littman) support the rapid onset gender dysphoria (ROGD) hypothesis.

Article 1

Diaz, S., Bailey, J.M. RETRACTED ARTICLE: Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria: Parent Reports on 1655 Possible Cases. Arch Sex Behav 52, 1031–1043 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-023-02576-9

Article 2

19 Mar 2019: Littman L (2019) Correction: Parent reports of adolescents and young adults perceived to show signs of a rapid onset of gender dysphoria. PLOS ONE 14(3): e0214157. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0214157 

@Ban Basketball Here was the immediate post to your question for evidence. (page 1)

4 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Yo dipshit

Given that it's not a pronoun, I'll let this little gem of irony speak for itself.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

5 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

That quote applies to chillen getting castrated for gender reassignment how?

Stay on task. 

Read the definition of chemical castration from the Cleveland Clinic. Read the article where they have lowered limits for chemical castration to 14 years old. Read the article where they have lowered the limits of trans surgeries to 15-17 years old. Read the article where a 22 year old trans had her breasts cut off at 16 and began chemical castration at 16. Then after you read it, try to comprehend what you have just read. You should be an expert at that with your high levels of expertise in education. 

1 minute ago, jross said:

@Ban Basketball Here was the immediate post to your question for evidence. (page 1)

I KNEW THAT AND SAID SO!

I SIMPLY QUESTIONED HOW THE PERSON ARRIVED AT THE CONCLUSION THAT THE "CAUSE" WAS SOCIAL MEDIA. 

Just now, Gus said:

Read the definition of chemical castration from the Cleveland Clinic. Read the article where they have lowered limits for chemical castration to 14 years old. Read the article where they have lowered the limits of trans surgeries to 15-17 years old. Read the article where a 22 year old trans had her breasts cut off at 16 and began chemical castration at 16. Then after you read it, try to comprehend what you have just read. You should be an expert at that with your high levels of expertise in education. 

No,  iI don't need to.

No chillen are being castrated. 

3 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Then it's not homicide.  So,  stop calling it that. 

Homicide is the killing of one human being by another.  When a physician terminates the unborn, this is homicide.  When the unborn is putting the mother's life at risk, and the physician performs a medical procedure to save the woman's life, and the unfortunate outcome is that the unborn is killed... that's still homicide.  Not all homicide deserves 'charges.'

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I KNEW THAT AND SAID SO!

I SIMPLY QUESTIONED HOW THE PERSON ARRIVED AT THE CONCLUSION THAT THE "CAUSE" WAS SOCIAL MEDIA. 

Not everyone qualifies for LASIK, but PRK could be an option for you.  Read the post again; both my comments about the obvious visual evidence of social influence, and the articles themself.  The inferred evidence is strong. 

18 minutes ago, jross said:

Homicide is the killing of one human being by another.  When a physician terminates the unborn, this is homicide.  When the unborn is putting the mother's life at risk, and the physician performs a medical procedure to save the woman's life, and the unfortunate outcome is that the unborn is killed... that's still homicide.  Not all homicide deserves 'charges.'

First time I've ever heard that homicide should not be charged. 

Follow-up: should the mother/parents, and accomplices to this murder be charged?

Edited by Ban Basketball

Not everyone qualifies for LASIK, but PRK could be an option for you.  Read the post again; both my comments about the obvious visual evidence of social influence, and the articles themself.  The inferred evidence is strong. 

I've not seen that evidence, nor did I ever discount it.  I genuinely wanted to know how the person arrived at that conclusion that it was social media driven. 

I didn't read the whole articles outside of the abstracts,  but nothing there suggested that. 

1 minute ago, Ban Basketball said:

First time I've ever heard that homicide should not be charged. 

Follow-up: should the mother/parents, add accomplices to this murder be charged?

There is nuance with homicide.  Justifiable homicide may be when a person kills in self-defense or similar circumstances. It is not a legal charge but a classification used by police in cases where no crime was committed.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/homicide

If the homicide is classified as 'murder,' then yes.  Both the client and the hitman are charged.  The nuance is in when homicide is classified as murder, which is a complex topic. 

Example: A 28-year-old mother who aborts her 5-month-old unborn because she wants to focus on her career?  Yes, I think she hired a hitman to murder her unborn.  This is worse than a DUI and there should be accountability; e.g. doctor loses their license.  There is a legal abortion compromise that isn't full-term and zero-term abortion; there is nuance and diplomacy needed.

• Fire 1

There is nuance with homicide.  Justifiable homicide may be when a person kills in self-defense or similar circumstances. It is not a legal charge but a classification used by police in cases where no crime was committed.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/homicide

If the homicide is classified as 'murder,' then yes.  Both the client and the hitman are charged.  The nuance is in when homicide is classified as murder, which is a complex topic. 

Example: A 28-year-old mother who aborts her 5-month-old unborn because she wants to focus on her career?  Yes, I think she hired a hitman to murder her unborn.  This is worse than a DUI and there should be accountability; e.g. doctor loses their license.  There is a legal abortion compromise that isn't full-term and zero-term abortion; there is nuance and diplomacy needed.

Ok,  so the physician should be charged with murder,  and the physician assistants,  as well as the parents should be charged with murder. 

At least you're consistent.  Most pro-birthers pee all over themselves when I ask the follow-up question,  which the robots who tried to sace inmate #PO1135809's comments that the mother should be charged for murder.  They answered,  "conservatives don't believe that. "

Well, then they also don't believe it's murder,  or they don't believe accomplices should be charged with murder then. 

3 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

By colleagues do you me the other vagina hatters at the Trans poetry slam?  

Nope.  Writing instructors  who teach English skills, cis pronoun.

LOL!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I've not seen that evidence, nor did I ever discount it.  I genuinely wanted to know how the person arrived at that conclusion that it was social media driven. 

I didn't read the whole articles outside of the abstracts,  but nothing there suggested that. 

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0202330

Lisa Littman, then an adjunct assistant professor at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, became interested in the possible role of social contagion in gender dysphoria among adolescents and young adults after noticing a few teenagers in the same friend group that began identifying as transgender.

Based on parental feedback in 256 cases, parents described that the onset of gender dysphoria seemed to occur in the context of belonging to a peer group where one, multiple, or even all of the friends have become gender dysphoric and transgender-identified during the same timeframe. Parents also report that their children exhibited an increase in social media/internet use prior to the disclosure of a transgender identity.

"Rapid-onset gender dysphoria" (or ROGD) is a term used to describe "a hypothesized new clinical subgroup of transgender youth, which would be characterized by coming out as transgender out of the blue in adolescence or early adulthood."

In 2022, Littman stood by the core claims she made in her study, adding that ROGD "does not apply to all cases of gender dysphoria" and "doesn't imply that nobody benefits from transition".

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Oh geeze,  well i bet you aren't into cunnilinguistics.  But I could see you at an all you can eat Yogurt bar.   

Can't eat any dairy at the moment,  so not in the cards. cis pronoun.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0202330

Lisa Littman, then an adjunct assistant professor at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, became interested in the possible role of social contagion in gender dysphoria among adolescents and young adults after noticing a few teenagers in the same friend group that began identifying as transgender.

Based on parental feedback in 256 cases, parents described that the onset of gender dysphoria seemed to occur in the context of belonging to a peer group where one, multiple, or even all of the friends have become gender dysphoric and transgender-identified during the same timeframe. Parents also report that their children exhibited an increase in social media/internet use prior to the disclosure of a transgender identity.

"Rapid-onset gender dysphoria" (or ROGD) is a term used to describe "a hypothesized new clinical subgroup of transgender youth, which would be characterized by coming out as transgender out of the blue in adolescence or early adulthood."

In 2022, Littman stood by the core claims she made in her study, adding that ROGD "does not apply to all cases of gender dysphoria" and "doesn't imply that nobody benefits from transition".

Thanks for sharing,  and I would agree and hypothesize that she's likely correct. 

However,  Social Contagion Theory is not necessarily related to social media., which is what the person claimed,  and what I was seeking clarification on. 

In addition,  Social Contagion Theory existed long before social media anyway. 

21 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Ok,  so the physician should be charged with murder,  and the physician assistants,  as well as the parents should be charged with murder. 

At least you're consistent.  Most pro-birthers pee all over themselves when I ask the follow-up question,  which the robots who tried to sace inmate #PO1135809's comments that the mother should be charged for murder.  They answered,  "conservatives don't believe that. "

Well, then they also don't believe it's murder,  or they don't believe accomplices should be charged with murder then. 

Yes in that specific situation, anyone involved would be accountable.

Please decrypt the second comment about inmate comments.  I'm not aware of that discussion.

Without a way to prove a taboo topic... I wager that millions believe that abortion is sometimes situationally murder.  This puts them in an uncomfortable position because everyone knows someone who has had an abortion... To acknowledge that family/friends/coworkers have... will rip the fabric of relationships.  Turning a blind eye is the safest approach for security purposes.  

5 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Thanks for sharing,  and I would agree and hypothesize that she's likely correct. 

However,  Social Contagion Theory is not necessarily related to social media., which is what the person claimed,  and what I was seeking clarification on. 

In addition,  Social Contagion Theory existed long before social media anyway. 

Is it safe to say that social media has greatly spread social contagion?

Social Contagion is defined as the spread of behaviors, attitudes, and affect through crowds and other types of social aggregates from one member to another. Adolescents are prone to social contagion because they may be especially susceptible to peer influence and social media.

https://journals.lww.com/co-psychiatry/fulltext/2023/05000/social_contagion,_violence,_and_suicide_among.14.aspx