Final X was a Great Event

10 hours ago, DJT said:

The value of all holds combined… would be… the score.

I get what you’re saying, though, and it would make sense on the same level as breaking dual meet ties (# of pins, # of techs, etc).

In theory, if this was actually the rule, it could be referring to points off cautions, lost challenges, and shot clock as not “holds”

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

In theory, if this was actually the rule, it could be referring to points off cautions, lost challenges, and shot clock as not “holds”

I was being facetious, so you can keep your theories for the 4chan message boards. Epstein didn't kill himself.

17 hours ago, BobDole said:

Couple thoughts on the coaches knowing the score and who's winning.

Yianni's matches were nuts and there was lots of back and forth going on and even some 2-2 situations that in the heat of the moment you don't know who is given the important last score. Sitting at home it is easy for me to know the situation as I'm not emotionally invested in knowing the score, yelling instructions, figuring out if we need to change the gameplan, etc. I'd give Grey a pass here mainly because there were some weird situations in the Yianni match where you aren't sure the order of the scores or who was given what points. 

More than anything UWW/USAW needs to do a better job of giving the coaches indicators of the number of specific types of scores. Even having a running count of scores under the wrestler's name would go a long way to helping figure out who is leading and what they need to score. I will throw Flo a compliment in that Pyles seems to be good at telling the audience what is needed for wrestlers to win a match when they are down late.

It is a Yianni match.  Yianni matches have been known to be somewhat chaotic.  They need to be ready for this.  These are professional athletes and professional coaches.  They need to be held to a higher standard.

Embarrassing.

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

It is a Yianni match.  Yianni matches have been known to be somewhat chaotic.  They need to be ready for this.  These are professional athletes and professional coaches.  They need to be held to a higher standard.

Embarrassing.

Rewatched the match last night… not really sure why Yianni was confused. Between that and the last 30  or so seconds of his second match, his match awareness didn’t look on point at Final X.

• Fire 2