Was Iowa Robbed of Title in 2020??

pretty_rob

41 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

"But" nothing.  2021 actually happened.  There is nothing to speculate about in regards to 2021.   Are you just making up scenarios now where a free year was given to 2020 seniors for 2021?   Hall is a wash if that's what you're implying, because if he's in the lineup Starocci isn't. 

Essentially it comes down to if you think Cenzo/Rasheed/Verkleeren in 2020 could outscore Kerkvliet/Beard/Berge/Howard in 2021 by 16 (assuming PSU still wins at 133, 141, and 174 and Lee is Iowa's only champ).  Highly doubtful, unless you start getting into scenarios like Lee pulling a 2023.

The thread is about 2020 when no team won a title. I gave Iowa credit for the one 2021 title they actually won with that team.

I am simply pointing out that a lot of things can happen when an imagination is willing to go to those places such as the idea that a team was robbed of something they never had to begin with. 

16 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

The thread is about 2020 when no team won a title. I gave Iowa credit for the one 2021 title they actually won with that team.

I am simply pointing out that a lot of things can happen when an imagination is willing to go to those places such as the idea that a team was robbed of something they never had to begin with. 

What was the point of your comment saying 2021's PSU team was "very young"?   You're proving my point because the 3 "very young" champs from 2021 that were in the 2020 lineup were a year younger and certainly no guarantee they would have all also won in 2020, especially considering the guys that were in their brackets in 2020 that were not in the bracket in 2021.

No one sane is giving Iowa credit for actually winning in 2020, but it's extremely likely that they would have

57 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

No one sane is giving Iowa credit for actually winning in 2020, but it's extremely likely that they would have

I think I will stick to what has actually transpired. The actual history is already tough to remember without making stuff up and filling the gaps with what ifs.

7 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

I think I will stick to what has actually transpired. The actual history is already tough to remember without making stuff up and filling the gaps with what ifs.

oh?

2 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

PSU never got a 4th year from Hall and Cenzo which may have tipped the scales in their favor

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Yes.  This is a message board.  Message boards should only talk about what has already transpired! No "what-ifs," no "fantasy matches," no "predictions."