165 - Cameron Amine (Michigan) over Riley Augustine (Campbell) FALL

174 - Austin Murphy (Campbell) over Joseph Walker (Michigan) DEC 6 - 5

184 - Caleb Hopkins (Campbell) over Matt Finesilver (Michigan) DEC 7 - 6

197 - Jaden Bullock (Michigan) over Levi Hopkins (Campbell) DEC 10 - 7

285 - Mason Parris (Michigan) over Taye Ghadiali (Campbell) MD 16 - 4

Final: Michigan over Campbell 29-6

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Here are my thoughts from that lineup:

I think because McHenry won when it mattered, he will get the nod here.  I also think he won't get the benefit of familiarity here and his ~118lb stature will end up costing him the match.  Molton (CU) via Decision.

CU 3-0

Zaccone did lose to Redding via 3-2 Decision, but I think Ragusin is a different animal.  Wrestlestat is pretty close.  Ragusin via Major.

UofM 4-3

Hanna just lost to Swiderski via 7-4 Decision and I am big on Swiderski.  I think the score will be similar even if we see a vastly different match.  Mattin via Decision.

UofM 7-3

Defalco is who Cambell put out against Iowa State.  If he goes, Lamer will win via Tech.  If it is Rivera, I think he wins via a wide Decision.

UofM 10-3

If there is one guarantee in this dual it is that if Lewan wrestles he is going to win via Decision.

UofM 13-3

Amine should win via bonus here... just a question as to Major or Tech.  I will play it safe and say Major.

UofM 17-3

Joey Walker makes his season debut here and he wins via a safe Decision.

UofM 20-3

Finesilver bounces back with a solid win here in which neutral wins it for him.  A double up-ish Decision here.

UofM 23-3

Bullock comes out and impresses in his 197lb debut here via Major.

UofM 27-3

Big fan of both here, being as both have their Michigan ties.  Unfortunately, for Ghadiali and Campbell, I do believe Parris is on mission here.  I don't see Ghadiali stalling his way to a Major loss like that toon from Oklahoma was content with doing.  Parris will catch him in the 2nd or 3rd and win via Pin.

UofM 33-3

I actually think Mattin wins that if they wrestle again.  Wow.  I am almost more impressed in him losing than Baker winning.  Mattin was the clear aggressor the entire match.

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I don't see Ghadiali stalling his way to a Major loss like that toon from Oklahoma was content with doing. 

He absolutely was content stalling the entire match.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2022/11/11/wrestling-wolverines-open-dual-slate-with-decisive-win-over-campbell-in-battle-at-bragg.aspx

» No. 5 Michigan won eight of 10 bouts en route to a 26-6 win over Campbell in its dual opener at the Battle at Bragg event.
» Cole Mattin and Matt Finesilver earned major decisions at 141 and 184 pounds, respectively; Mattin defeated No. 21 Shannon Hanna 9-0 for his third ranked win on the season.
» Three Wolverines earned their first collegiate dual win: Kurt McHenry (125), Chance Lamer (149) and Joseph Walker (174).

Site: Fayetteville, N.C. (Fort Bragg)
Event: Battle at Bragg
Score: #5 Michigan 26, Campbell 6
Records: U-M (1-0), CU (2-2)
Next U-M Event: Sunday, Nov. 13 -- at North Carolina (Chapel Hill, N.C.), 3 p.m.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -- The No. 5-ranked University of Michigan wrestling team claimed eight bouts to earn a decisive 26-6 win in its dual-meet opener over Campbell at the Battle at Bragg event on Veterans Day Friday evening (Nov. 11) at Pope Army Field at Fort Bragg.

Three Wolverines earned their first collegiate dual win while another two made also their dual-meet debuts. Michigan opened the dual with one such win -- and perhaps the most exciting match of the evening -- with Kurt McHenry's 4-3 buzzer-beating decision over No. 24-ranked Anthony Molton at 125 pounds. Molton took the lead with an inside trip midway through the third period, but McHenry escaped and, on a restart with just six seconds left in the bout, he shot in on a low single off the whistle and finished with just three seconds remaining on the clock.

Dylan Ragusin, ranked fifth at 133 pounds, built up an early lead and hung on for a 9-7 decision over Domenic Zaccone in his season debut. Ragusin gave up the first takedown but answered with a single leg in the first and a go behind in the second -- and period rideouts on both -- to move in front. Zaccone added two takedowns in the third, but Ragusin used his 1:11 riding-time advantage to seal the win.

Cole Mattin, ranked 14th at 141 pounds, picked up his third ranked win of the season with a dominant 9-0 major decision against 21st-ranked Shannon Hanna. He scored takedowns off of scrambles in the first and third periods and added two near-fall points off a leg turk in the latter. He accumulated 3:05 ride time and improved to 5-0 on the season.

Chance Lamer, ranked 22nd, earned an 11-6 decision over Callum Sitek in his season and dual-meet debut at 149 pounds. Lamer scored two takedowns and a reversal and rode for 1:05 in a bout that featured a 15-minute rain delay after Army officials had to move a military plane in order to close the hangar door after wind was blowing rain onto the mat.

Will Lewan, ranked third at 157 pounds, earned a workmanlike 4-2 decision over Troy Nation at in his season debut at 157 pounds. Lewan finished on a single-leg shot at the first-period buzzer and added a reversal early in the second.

Campbell scored its first win with a decision at 165 pounds before Michigan bounced back with back-to-back wins at 174 and 184 pounds. Joseph Walker finished on a re-attack double about 30 minutes into overtime in a 3-1 decision against Cole Rees for his first collegiate dual-meet victory at the former weight. Matt Finesilver, ranked 14th nationally, rolled to a 10-2 major decision over 19th-ranked Caleb Hopkins at the latter. Finesilver scored four takedowns, including a pair in the third period, and rode for 3:08 to claim his first Michigan dual win.

Mason Parris, ranked third at heavyweight, closed out the dual with a 7-5 decision over 13th-ranked Taye Ghadiali -- his second win over a ranked opponent this season. Parris scored on takedowns in the first and third and nearly rode out the second but gave up a late counter takedown out of a scramble to narrow the final margin. He earned 2:55 in riding time and improved 6-0 on the season.

The Wolverines (1-0) will wrap the Tar Heel State road trip against North Carolina on Sunday (Nov. 13) in Chapel Hill. The dual, dubbed Doubles on the Diamond, is slated for a 3 p.m. start on UNC's baseball field, Bryson Field At Boshamer Stadium.

No. 5 Michigan 26, Campbell 6

Individual rankings by InterMat

125 -- Kurt McHenry (U-M) dec. #24 Anthony Molton, 4-3 -- U-M, 3-0
133 -- #5 Dylan Ragusin (U-M) dec. Domenic Zaccone, 9-7 -- U-M, 6-0
141 -- #14 Cole Mattin (U-M) major dec. #21 Shannon Hanna, 9-0 -- U-M, 10-0
149 -- #22 Chance Lamer (U-M) dec. Callum Sitek, 11-6 -- U-M, 13-0
157 -- #3 Will Lewan (U-M) dec. #30 Troy Nation, 4-2 -- U-M, 16-0
165 -- Dom Baker (CU) dec. Zack Mattin, 7-5 -- U-M, 16-3
174 -- Joseph Walker (U-M) dec. Cole Rees, 3-1 SV -- U-M, 19-3
184 -- #14 Matt Finesilver (U-M) major dec. #19 Caleb Hopkins, 10-2 -- U-M, 23-3
197 -- Levi Hopkins (CU) dec. Brendin Yatooma, 3-2 -- U-M, 23-6
Hwt -- #3 Mason Parris (U-M) dec. #13 Taye Ghadiali, 8-5 -- U-M, 26-6

• Latest Rankings

• College Commitments

Austin Johnson

Muncy, Pennsylvania
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Oklahoma
    Projected Weight: 285

Laylah Castro

Grand Junction Central, Colorado