Was this the most exciting NCAA tournament in the last 10 years?

Jimmy Cinnabon

Taking the whole tournament into account, and ignoring the fact that Penn State won by 55, points I have to say yes.

There were just a huge number of upsets, including Ramos pinning Spencer, Vito dominating Fix and RBY, 12 seed Van Ness battling back time and time again to take 3rd, and more.

However, despite Penn State winning by its largest margin ever, as a Penn State fan, this was the least enjoyable finals I've ever watched.  Going 2/5 in the finals is actually one of Cael's worst finals performances after multiple 5/5 years and 4/4 years.

Overall though, Penn State, as a team should be pleased even though the night ended on a sour note.

For my money, 2018 was more exciting.

You had a nail biter of a team race with no one sure if it would be Ohio State's year or Penn State's year.

You had a true freshman, Nick Lee, go from staring at the lights in the first round to winning five in a row, and six total, on the backside to provide the margin of victory.

You had Captain America waiting in the wings to possibly put a cherry on top of an Ohio State championship.

But before that could happen you had one of the most iconic moments in final's history when Bo Nickal goes from "Oh, no" to "Oh, yes" in a matter of seconds to seal the team title.

Of course, that was my first time in attendance, so I thought they all would be like that.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge