PSU vs Clarion

lightweight

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

fun fact about 125:

Gary Steen beat Joey Fischer 4-2 in sudden victory in the 2020 Pennsylvania AA state finals.  Should be a fun rematch there

That's a fun fact to know.  Will be interesting to see if the gap has widened based on their college rooms, or stayed the same.

1 minute ago, lightweight said:

That's a fun fact to know.  Will be interesting to see if the gap has widened based on their college rooms, or stayed the same.

Yeah absolutely - in that respect, you kind of expect Steen to feel like a favorite.  Another factor though is that weight back in 2020 was at 113.  In the following season, Steen was at 120 and placed third, while Fischer went all the way up to 126 and won states.  I almost put it at a coin flip for today because I feel like Fischer is a full-sized 125 and will have a strength advantage vs. what Steen may have in a wrestling advantage.

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Is my clock wrong?  1pm start time and it's currently 12:30 in Pennsylvania

The feed has started from Rec Hall, but it looks like they are nowhere near starting, so you must be right about the 1pm start time.  Don't know why BTN+ has decided to broadcast 30 minutes of dead air.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, lightweight said:

The feed has started from Rec Hall, but it looks like they are nowhere near starting, so you must be right about the 1pm start time.  Don't know why BTN+ has decided to broadcast 30 minutes of dead air.

I always prefer 15/30 min of dead air than when the wait till 5 minutes after to start streaming only to find it doesn't work.  

Just now, PortaJohn said:

Just curious. If PSU pulls a lot of there starters to let some of the practice partners wrestle is the boards going to scream "duck" or will it applaud Cael for allowing more competitive matches?

And why are they wrestling Clarion in the first place, is Carl ducking tougher competition? 

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Just curious. If PSU pulls a lot of there starters to let some of the practice partners wrestle is the boards going to scream "duck" or will it applaud Cael for allowing more competitive matches?

Great question.  Also, from these announcements it sounds as if there are some seniors who have never gotten on the mat except for Opens.  Maybe this match is to let them have a least one Rec Hall experience?

e.g. "Eddie Smith"

Edited by lightweight
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

And why are they wrestling Clarion in the first place, is Carl ducking tougher competition? 

He's been doing this for a few years to help promote smaller programs.

Last Scheduled Dual

'23 Clarion, '22 Rider, '20 American, '19 & '18 Buffalo, 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted