Where is Pariano coaching

Southend

1 hour ago, Southend said:

I know he went to Binghamton U. As assistant.  Just wondering. 

He did go to Binghamton several years ago.  Think it lasted about half an hour or so. 

Not coaching since. 

Although everyone at Northwestern and Binghamton managed to keep a lid on, my inference is that his very strong personality was both his greatest strength and his biggest problem as a coach and probably didn't make that profession a good long term fit for him.   

Yes

1 hour ago, Major Kong said:

Aside from rumors I still don’t know why he was fired from NU. Any info?

same here . 

2 hours ago, dragit said:

He did go to Binghamton several years ago.  Think it lasted about half an hour or so. 

Not coaching since. 

Although everyone at Northwestern and Binghamton managed to keep a lid on, my inference is that his very strong personality was both his greatest strength and his biggest problem as a coach and probably didn't make that profession a good long term fit for him.   

A very strong personality? Makes wrestling a short term profession? Ok , yea, maybe. 
But realistically ,this is maybe far reaching ,as a decisive reason for his disappearance from the wrestling scene. I mean this guy could recruit and develop like no one, in an Ivy League like admissions, and did not have the full 9.9 scholarships available to him. 

3 hours ago, Southend said:

Yes

same here . 

A very strong personality? Makes wrestling a short term profession? Ok , yea, maybe. 
But realistically ,this is maybe far reaching ,as a decisive reason for his disappearance from the wrestling scene. I mean this guy could recruit and develop like no one, in an Ivy League like admissions, and did not have the full 9.9 scholarships available to him. 

I was trying to be diplomatic because, as I noted, both schools kept a perma-seal lid on the reasons -- best personified by the classic passive voice press release from Northwestern, just weeks before the season started, that said that, essentially in enirety, "Drew Pariano is no longer with Northwestern University."  

Totally agree that it's pretty amazing he had to leave coaching given his lightning bolt success particularly as a recruiter.  But we got nothin'.  So I'm just assuming that whatever happened related to his aforementioned strong personality.

• 1 year later...

Sadly, there were rumors of a bit of a drinking problem that may have caused some issues as to why he didnt stay in college coaching.  I honestly don't know if that was true but the guy could clearly recruit and develop talent! Had some amazing teams with guys like Herbert, Lang, Fox, Precin, McMullen, and so many others!