Censorship question asked of WH press corps

Cleve Wootson Jr of WAPO asked KJP if the White House was going to censor the Musk and Trump interview on X?   The exact question:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-reporter-suggests-white-house-censor-misinformation-trump-musk-interview-press-briefing

During Monday's press briefing, the Washington Post's Cleve Wootson Jr. invoked Musk's highly anticipated viral conversation with Trump that night, insisting misinformation is not a "campaign issue" but "an America issue" as well.

"What role does the White House or the president have in sort of stopping that or stopping the spread of that or sort of intervening in that? Some of that was about campaign misinformation, but, you know, it’s a wider thing, right?" Wootson Jr. asked White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

This is a flagrant call for censorship of the Musk/Trump interview.   Not based on anything real as this was before the interview took place.   This was a call for pre-emptive censorship.   Notice KJPs response:

"It is incredibly important to call that out, as you’re doing.

She is totally on board but unfortunately had to explain that X is a private company and they can't do much but it is important to call it out.  

We do not need anymore evidence of censorship being accepted by media and government.   This is not the last time this will happen but we need nor more evidence this is an issue only the powerful hold.  

Does this make the media the enemy of the people by withholding important information?   I believe this is evidence they are definitely on that track.  It is eggregious that at one time it was "I may not agree with you but will defend your right to say it" to "I may not agree with you and I'll do what I can to make sure what you say will not be made available to the people for their consideration."   It is an abdication of the role of media in our country.   They are supposed to be the 4th estate, keeping the government honest.   They are not supposed to be in cahoots with the government's effort to restrict information they do not like.  

Jonathan Turley wrote an entire article on this and cites his own book on freedom of speech. 

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/08/14/an-america-issue-washington-post-reporter-calls-on-white-house-to-censor-trump-for-america/#comments

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Bob 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mspart said:

Cleve Wootson Jr of WAPO asked KJP if the White House was going to censor the Musk and Trump interview on X?   The exact question:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-reporter-suggests-white-house-censor-misinformation-trump-musk-interview-press-briefing

During Monday's press briefing, the Washington Post's Cleve Wootson Jr. invoked Musk's highly anticipated viral conversation with Trump that night, insisting misinformation is not a "campaign issue" but "an America issue" as well.

"What role does the White House or the president have in sort of stopping that or stopping the spread of that or sort of intervening in that? Some of that was about campaign misinformation, but, you know, it’s a wider thing, right?" Wootson Jr. asked White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

This is a flagrant call for censorship of the Musk/Trump interview.   Not based on anything real as this was before the interview took place.   This was a call for pre-emptive censorship.   Notice KJPs response:

"It is incredibly important to call that out, as you’re doing.

She is totally on board but unfortunately had to explain that X is a private company and they can't do much but it is important to call it out.  

We do not need anymore evidence of censorship being accepted by media and government.   This is not the last time this will happen but we need nor more evidence this is an issue only the powerful hold.  

Does this make the media the enemy of the people by withholding important information?   I believe this is evidence they are definitely on that track.  It is eggregious that at one time it was "I may not agree with you but will defend your right to say it" to "I may not agree with you and I'll do what I can to make sure what you say will not be made available to the people for their consideration."   It is an abdication of the role of media in our country.   They are supposed to be the 4th estate, keeping the government honest.   They are not supposed to be in cahoots with the government's effort to restrict information they do not like.  

Jonathan Turley wrote an entire article on this and cites his own book on freedom of speech. 

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/08/14/an-america-issue-washington-post-reporter-calls-on-white-house-to-censor-trump-for-america/#comments

mspart

I guess we are in Russia, North Korea or China now. Who knew.

• Bob 1